Can someone recommend settings for OBS?

Mando772004

i recently noticed when i run heavy gpu games like COD VANGUARD and Deathloop my obs recording skips frames even though my pc is good (RTX 3080 r7 5800x 32gb ram) and i render using NVENC. firstly is this normal? secondly if it is what can i do to fix it other than use instant replay or any other software. i currently use 1440p 60 fps on my obs replay buffer. i also run obs as admin

Can someone recommend settings for OBS?

Swap the rate control to CBR and start cranking up bitrate until the stats starts to show frames skipped/missing. Start from 3000Kbps or so.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Swap the rate control to CBR and start cranking up bitrate until the stats starts to show frames skipped/missing. Start from 3000Kbps or so.

ok but is this normal? or is my pc like fucked or something?

Just now, InfernalClaw said:

ok but is this normal? or is my pc like fucked or something?

Nope, usually it should be hitchless and most of the frame skipping is usually the result of not enough bitrate or the game itself. Deathloop in particular have been poo in performance thanks to it being packed with ewaste Denuvo out of the box.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Just now, SorryClaire said:

Nope, usually it should be hitchless and most of the frame skipping is usually the result of not enough bitrate or the game itself. Deathloop in particular have been poo in performance thanks to it being packed with ewaste Denuvo out of the box.

ok so i guess i shouldnt worry about hardware problems. thank you so much for your input!

14 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

16 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

i went into the settings and CBR was already the option set but to be clear it was under "streaming", i dont stream i just use replay buffer

17 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

i went into the settings and CBR was already the option set but to be clear it was under "streaming", i dont stream i just use replay buffer

Well just go to recording tab, but by default both recording and streaming syncs settings.