Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CPU Usage Stuck at 22% 0.79GHz

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,

ThrottleStop 9.4

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

@rakshasa12 Exit HWiNFO when testing with ThrottleStop so it does not interfere with your results. Press the Limits button and open up the Limit Reasons window. Look for any red boxes which indicates the reason for throttling.

mePHKuw.png

I am 99% sure that you will see BD PROCHOT glowing red under the CORE column. This is a very common problem, mostly on laptops but it also happens on desktop computers too. It is common for MSI desktop boards. If you see this box in red, clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop.

hXTBNoY.png

Does your CPU return to its normal speed after doing this? Post some ThrottleStop screenshots and I will try to explain what is going on.

Edit - The Task Manager Performance tab does not show CPU usage. It shows CPU utilization. These are two different things. If you look at the Details tab, that should show CPU usage at 100%. The CPU is working hard but at a very low speed so it is not accomplishing too much. 

Hi, I recently reset my bios and applied new thermal paste on my cpu. When I use my pc I notice strange lag and slowness when using it. I check my cpu usage and found that it is stuck at 22% on full load. I stress test my cpu that I uploaded here the results. On the stress test it go all the way to 100% but my cpu usage is still stuck at 22%. It seems that my maximum cpu is only at 22%. I check the temps and I think it is all normal? So I think overheating is not an issue for cpu throttling? or am I wrong? What do you think I need to do? Can somebody help? Thank you in advance

Capture.thumb.PNG.2e8ae635760dced6e5e16959a3bdede6.PNG

Oh thats a weird one, not overheating not reaching power-limits.

Can you check the advanced power settings?

Maybe your max CPU speed is set to 22%.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

ThrottleStop 9.4

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

@rakshasa12 Exit HWiNFO when testing with ThrottleStop so it does not interfere with your results. Press the Limits button and open up the Limit Reasons window. Look for any red boxes which indicates the reason for throttling.

mePHKuw.png

I am 99% sure that you will see BD PROCHOT glowing red under the CORE column. This is a very common problem, mostly on laptops but it also happens on desktop computers too. It is common for MSI desktop boards. If you see this box in red, clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop.

hXTBNoY.png

Does your CPU return to its normal speed after doing this? Post some ThrottleStop screenshots and I will try to explain what is going on.

Edit - The Task Manager Performance tab does not show CPU usage. It shows CPU utilization. These are two different things. If you look at the Details tab, that should show CPU usage at 100%. The CPU is working hard but at a very low speed so it is not accomplishing too much. 

Thank you so much @unclewebb you're awesome!

This fixes my problem. So I downloaded the ThrottleStop and you are correct that the BD PROCHOT is glowing in red. I follow your instructions to clear the BD PROCHOT and it just works! 

Your instructions is so on point with my problem thank you so much. 

ScreenCapture.thumb.PNG.8a683ccbeb7f7c829a6dad79cf13cf60.PNG

@rakshasa12 This problem is usually caused by a sensor that has failed on your motherboard. Your CPU is fine. This broken sensor sends throttling signals to your CPU using the BD PROCHOT signal path. These signals tell the CPU to throttle and run as slow as possible even though the CPU temperature is fine.

You can add ThrottleStop to your Windows startup sequence using the ThrottleStop Guide. No more throttling worries after you do that. 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/#post-6865107