How to enable intel turbo boost?

crakddx
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
2 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

How do I gegt this speed?

Browse the internet, because thats really where you can get that high of a boost on a laptop without it being 100% at 100C all the time, its for very light bursty load.

As the title has stated, how do I enable intel turbo boost? I havve ann i7 8550u in a dell inspiron. I cannged ssome power settings to get it to 2.2 ghz instead of 1.8, but the cpu has a turbo boost speed of 4ghz. How do I gegt this speed? I would love fir some help. I have already checked youtube and google, but none of them told me how to enable intel turbo boost 2.0. Can someone pleease help me? more info: with valorannt it is a very inconsitent -2.2ghz speed. ANny help would be appreciated.

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

2 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

How do I gegt this speed?

Browse the internet, because thats really where you can get that high of a boost on a laptop without it being 100% at 100C all the time, its for very light bursty load.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

It is enabled by default.

It should be understood that turbo speeds are opportunistic. It will be reached only if a combination of load, power, thermals allow it. The base speed is the minimum you should expect, and any above that is a plus.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

It should be an option in the BIOS. However, do note that basically all laptops follow Intel's guidelines for boost behavior. Full Turbo Boost is limited in duration to at most 56 seconds.