Confused - When I turn my PC on, it takes forever to boot up when my mic is plugged in?

WildBaws

Sounds extremely odd, I've fixed a lot of tech issues by myself in the past, but this one I'm just not understanding.

I bought a Shure-MV7 USB mic a few weeks ago, and the mic it's self works perfectly. HOWEVER when I boot my PC up, it will say "no display" and it will act like nothing is happening for about 10 minutes, until it then suddenly boots to my computer. I troubleshooted this by unplugging devices one at a time and I found out that it's my mic that causes this.

If I turn my PC on, it'll sit with the black screen and say "no signal", but the SECOND I unplug the USB from the back of my mic, my pc instantly starts booting, the display etc all start to work.. Any suggestions? 

I'm no expert but I think the mic is broken just buy the same mic again maybe that'll do for now

Is it similar to this one? 

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

something I need to learn from now on, but I can't stop playing with computers.

1 minute ago, christoplayz said:

I'm no expert but I think the mic is broken just buy the same mic again maybe that'll do for now

The thing is that the mic runs fine when the computer is running, just the computer doesn't boot for ~10 minutes when the mic IS plugged in already.

I could just unplug and plug it back in every time I boot the PC (which is what i have been doing, but it's just an inconvenience I don't want really.

2 minutes ago, NRSV said:

Is it similar to this one? 

It's similar, except I don't even get the windows logo I just get "no signal", and I don't have to reboot the PC for it to work. The second I unplug it, it fixes haha.

16 minutes ago, WildBaws said:

If I turn my PC on, it'll sit with the black screen and say "no signal", but the SECOND I unplug the USB from the back of my mic, my pc instantly starts booting, the display etc all start to work.. Any suggestions? 

During startup the PC initializes all hardware. In some cases it'll need to wait for the hardware to respond. So it may be that the microphone simply takes a long time to do that. It could also be that the mic is detected as a drive and the PC attempts to read from it before eventually giving up.

You could try changing the boot order and move USB disks after the SSD/HDD, see if that changes anything. If your BIOS has something like USB legacy support, you could also try disabling that (needed to use USB devices before an OS is running). Other than that... leave it unplugged until you need it? 😄

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply