Computer starts then turns off

NRSV

I received聽an Acer Aspire E700 AT215 today. I wanted to get it working. I took out the dead graphics card, dead PSU and started it using the Motherboard In-built VGA. It was able to start into the BIOS. After connecting the DVD Drive and HDD using SATA cables, it stopped booting into BIOS. As I turn on the system, the fans will run, so will the DVD Drive, the power buttion will illuminate as well,聽but then after about 5 or 6 seconds, it turns off, then it loops.
There used to be a PSU in the system that would go at 860W Total Output Max, but the original owner of the Aspire said that the PSU died, and I was afraid to test it myself. Instead, I went with a PSU that went to 700W Total Output Max, which I knew worked.

As of writing this, it's still happening, but the HDD and DVD Drive are unplugged. I think the PSU is on its way out.

Help would be appreciated 馃檪

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

something I need to learn from now on, but I can't stop playing with computers.

Update: I have solved the problem for the Acer. I have recently cleaned out my main computer as it was full of dust, the same problem is happening with that one.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

something I need to learn from now on, but I can't stop playing with computers.