Having Issues with driver installs on folders such as AppData and Temp

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

Looks like your user account name is "Stu's PC", i.e. the user data folder has a space and special character in the name. That's going to break a lot of older / poorly designed programs and is likely what happens there.

Hello everyone! Where do I even begin. So In the beginning of March resizable Bar just came out for AMD CPUS and GPUS. Since I have the hardware to support Resizable bar I wanted to take advantaged of it. When downloading the drivers to update my Vbios for my gpu I would get a message error saying that "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Stuart~1\AppData\Local\Temp\N3060TAML.F3.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.". I've looked at many resources and nothing has fixed my issues. That's the first issue the second issue is also really weird. I stream games on Twitch and record youtube videos. I recently just updated my streaming equipment and bought my self an elgato HD60S. When I plugged in the capture card there was error and wasn't recognizing my elgato and I looked online they all asked to manually install the drivers so I did. But I was getting a error message. So I thought it was the elgato so I return and exchanged the capture card with the same one and it was the same result. So I went back to best buy and bought myself the 4K60 MK2 capture card so I download the 4k60 mk2 drivers and guess what... it's the same error message as the previous capture cards. But looking at the error messages it makes me wonder these two issues and began to think it can hardware issue of my PC. Could it be that my SSD m.2 might be the issue? So I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and the same s**t was happening. At this point I'm giving up and hopefully anyone might the solution with this. If you need more screen shots please lmk. Here's my discord if you want to dm about this ------> StuStu#0001 Again thanks in advance for the help ❤️

Error20message20GPU.png

Elgato issue.PNG

Are you downloading to Temp folder? It's temporary meaning files can disappear from it at any time. Another thing could be that you download archives, and forget to extract files within.

Weird that it fails on fresh install. Unless installation media is corrupt too.

I suggest software "DriverHub" for driver lookup and install.

20 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Are you downloading to Temp folder? It's temporary meaning files can disappear from it at any time. Another thing could be that you download archives, and forget to extract files within.

Weird that it fails on fresh install. Unless installation media is corrupt too.

I suggest software "DriverHub" for driver lookup and install.

I have not downloaded to the temp folder, I downloaded the zip file on desktop to a folder. 😞

Looks like your user account name is "Stu's PC", i.e. the user data folder has a space and special character in the name. That's going to break a lot of older / poorly designed programs and is likely what happens there.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

20 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to try to change the User's name. But I believe that's going to be issue and i might to have to do a fresh install 😞 which is fine. Thanks again, ill let you know if it works.

Shouldn't need to do a fresh install, new user account should be enough.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Shouldn't need to do a fresh install, new user account should be enough.

wow... it really was the name of the account. I can't believe it was the issue. Thank you so much for helping me out. It only took some time but now I'm able to download files now.