Weird Facebook Startup thing I found - Demonpore, the world's first molecular gaming console

I'm sorry if people have already seen or posted about this, I didn't see this after searching for it. It didn't seem to fit in the console section, either, but maybe that's my lack of clear judgement. My apologies. Delete or move if necessary 

So, I saw this ad on Facebook a few times, and I'm surprised I didn't see anyone else talk about it. Either from how cool (or how stupid) it sounds. Basically, it's a scientific instrument, but it's also a... game console. You play the games (the games are VERY simple by the way. Space Invaders level), and these liquids drip through these nanopore things. This does some science stuff, and depending on what game you play, you're basically researching different parts of biology and stuff. Seems pretty wacktastic. Please go to their website and read what it's all about. If it's true and they can pull it off, it would be pretty dang cool. But it's also from an ad I saw on Facebook, so I'm not exactly itching to support it right away for obvious reasons. Or really believe what I see. It's Facebook after all. All pictures are from their website, they have more info there. I don't know about "Investing" in their stuff, as I don't know the legitimacy of it all so far. Cool to think about, though. The screenshots with the drawn TV are apparently from the actual data and gameplay (quote from their website, was a GIF).

Molecular Reality Demonpore 64 page

downloaddemonpore.jpg

downloaddemonpore2.jpg

downloaddemonpore3.jpg

downloaddemonpore4.jpg

Screenshot_146.png

Screenshot_147.png

It's either never going to come to market, never going to become popular, or become a gimmick for parents that are way too enthusiastic about biology. This thing rides or dies on how engaging the gaming part of it is, and I have zero confidence in their ability to create good games for it given the only game idea they show is a space invaders clone. Their renders even show the controller is a straight 1-to-1 rip off of the Atari 2600 controller. Octagonal joystick, single red button in the top left, dashed circle around the joystick, everything. I really doubt they're going to be able to create engaging home console games with a control scheme from 44 years ago. Honestly, it's so similar to the Atari 2600 I would be willing to bet they're going to try to sell romhacked Atari flashback devices with some dyed water.

Not to mention requiring consumables for a games console is a great way to make sure nobody cares about your console (other than joycon sticks amirite) for longer than it takes for one of the bottles to run out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

17 hours ago, BobVonBob said:

It's either never going to come to market, never going to become popular, or become a gimmick for parents that are way too enthusiastic about biology. This thing rides or dies on how engaging the gaming part of it is, and I have zero confidence in their ability to create good games for it given the only game idea they show is a space invaders clone. Their renders even show the controller is a straight 1-to-1 rip off of the Atari 2600 controller. Octagonal joystick, single red button in the top left, dashed circle around the joystick, everything. I really doubt they're going to be able to create engaging home console games with a control scheme from 44 years ago. Honestly, it's so similar to the Atari 2600 I would be willing to bet they're going to try to sell romhacked Atari flashback devices with some dyed water.

Not to mention requiring consumables for a games console is a great way to make sure nobody cares about your console (other than joycon sticks amirite) for longer than it takes for one of the bottles to run out.

Whole thing comes across as a gimmick or Fad.

Is it going to spy on me?

or can the substances inside turn me into an Instagram addict zombie?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566