GT1030 disabling my vga?

Forta
Go to solution Solved by SorryBella,
36 minutes ago, Forta said:

However, after switching computer off and back on all of a sudden the VGA would no longer work, thus displaying only two screens. 

Did you plug the VGA on the motherboard? All CPUs usually disable their igpu when there's an external GPU detected in the system.

Running a triple monitor setup using Intel HD graphics 4000 that recently stopped working, so utilized the vga port to run a single screen from the motherboard until the new GT1030 card arrived. 

Upgraded the graphic running two screens through both the DVI and HDMI and the third one through the VGA. On initial startup the computer had no issue (win 10, 64-bit, i7-3770@3.4GHz) displaying all three screens. However, after switching computer off and back on all of a sudden the VGA would no longer work, thus displaying only two screens. 

Thus far I've swapped cables to screens (thinking the screen may have fried itself) but the display still works fine. I swapped back to the old card and sure enough the VGA display began working on single screen again. 

So if the GT1030 worked fine with DVI, HDMI and VGA connection the first time then why is it (seemingly) no longer allowing access to the vga? 

This has me kinda perplexed. Do I need to run some form of splitter from the DVI or HDMI to get the three screens back (and even then will the screen simply be a mirror?)

Any help is appreciated as this has my mind bent. TIA 

36 minutes ago, Forta said:

However, after switching computer off and back on all of a sudden the VGA would no longer work, thus displaying only two screens. 

Did you plug the VGA on the motherboard? All CPUs usually disable their igpu when there's an external GPU detected in the system.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Look in the BIOS, there should be a setting that says something along the lines of "iGPU second monitor." You iGPU is probably being disabled in BIOS, and you just need to go in and enable it.

20 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Look in the BIOS, there should be a setting that says something along the lines of "iGPU second monitor." You iGPU is probably being disabled in BIOS, and you just need to go in and enable it.

Thanks. Looked in bios and turned the vga connection into the primary driver. Issue now seems to be soughted. Thank you to yourself and SorryClaire for your input.