my computer fell over

Jarester

I was adjusting my monitor and the cord flipped my computer over. never have i done this so yea im fretting. after it kept rebooting i gave it a bit and powered it up again and it got me to a bios using f1. from there i just exited and booted. got to my regular homepage stuff.

but then i tried to play valorant, and it gets lag that isnt usual, and lots of graphical glitches. most pretty small but their annoying the worst glitch is when spectating and clicking to go to a next person it's like the matrix.

also tried heroes of the storm and everything is graphically fine but it lag spikes every one second or so... and it doesnt let up at all

do you think it's the video card? anything i can download for cpu/gpu/w.e else and find out whats up? even twitch is now doing loading screens excessively and having trouble loading webpages sometimes just stuff that isnt usual.

Open it up, reseat your GPU, and check all your cables are firm and nothing fell out. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

Shut it down, flip the PSU off, take the side panel off and re-seat the GPU, and the RAM, check all the other connections.  Make sure the CPU cooler is still firmly mounted.  Try again.

5800X3D -30 CO | 7900 XT | 2x32Gb Vengeance @ 3600 | MSI X470 | Sabrent Rocket 512 | 2x1Tb Vulcan T-Force | Seasonic Focus GX-750 Gold

Dell S3220DGF - curved 32" 1440p 165Hz

now i just try and play any game and i cant even connect to anything.. but i can post here... so hmm. whenever it lets me play i'll try and let u know how it goes i reseated gpu and ram and rest of connections look fine and cpu fan is firm

ended up reseating everything then i guess it was my internet crapping out on me i reset that and it seems to be working atm.