Task manager and Crucial system checker conflict

So I’m looking at upgrading my ram on my gaming laptop and when I look in task manager it says my ram is at 2666 yet in the Crucial system checker says I have 3200

Not sure which to buy 

22 minutes ago, FlyGreyWolf31 said:

So I’m looking at upgrading my ram on my gaming laptop and when I look in task manager it says my ram is at 2666 yet in the Crucial system checker says I have 3200

Not sure which to buy 

Just to guess randomly, it Might be 3200 running at 2666 or 2666 memory with a controller capable of 3200 speeds.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

So for me to make sure it all in sync properly which do you think I should get, or does it even matter?

4 minutes ago, FlyGreyWolf31 said:

So for me to make sure it all in sync properly which do you think I should get, or does it even matter?

I would think the first step is actually knowing what is going on. That two systems are giving different readings implies they’re reading different things and something unusual is going on.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Do you know how to figure that out

would it say in my bios or is there another way to check that type of thing

just check download cpu-z, open it, select memory part and if ur DRAM frequency is at 1333.x MHz it is 2666, what could be happening here is that ur ram is originally rated for 3200mhz, but u might have not enabled xmp or ur system doesn't support xmp/3200mhz

2 minutes ago, Curioisman said:

just check download cpu-z, open it, select memory part and if ur DRAM frequency is at 1333.x MHz it is 2666, what could be happening here is that ur ram is originally rated for 3200mhz, but u might have not enabled xmp or ur system doesn't support xmp/3200mhz

Ok thanks, I will update this after I check it out

So something was wrong with the crucial system checker as cpuz says I have 1333.x and curioisman said that means it’s 2666mhz 

thanks everyone for the help, I have a sodimm to buy