So I have this build :

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  
  Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  
  Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  

Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA modular 1000W power supply and some noctua fans

The reason i want to change the case is i want more airflow, and yes, before you ask , it is done correctly and i clean my pc every 2-3 months and it's  on the desk . But sometimes it gets hot , depending on the games i play. I want more fans. i was looking at LIAN LI PC-O11 purely because it has the bottom and sides fans and i kinda like how it looks. I am a sucker for fans tbh. What are your thoughts , suggestions? Thanks

So I have this build :

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  
  Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  
  Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  

Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA modular 1000W power supply and some noctua fans

The reason i want to change the case is i want more airflow, and yes, before you ask , it is done correctly and i clean my pc every 2-3 months and it's  on the desk . But sometimes it gets hot , depending on the games i play. I want more fans. i was looking at LIAN LI PC-O11 purely because it has the bottom and sides fans and i kinda like how it looks. I am a sucker for fans tbh. What are your thoughts , suggestions? Thanks

More fans doesn't mean cooler temps. I'm running an almost identical setup to yours but a 5800x instead of a 9900k and my temps are perfectly acceptable. How many fans do you currently have and how are they set up? 

21 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

More fans doesn't mean cooler temps. I'm running an almost identical setup to yours but a 5800x instead of a 9900k and my temps are perfectly acceptable. How many fans do you currently have and how are they set up? 

Front fans intake , up and back out . I agree with you , but i am a bit bored of the case also...and i have a friend who told me about the case , he has it and it works kinda nice with his setup...simmilar as mine. Thats why i was wondering if my setup will fit the case also

10 minutes ago, Alienized said:

Front fans intake , up and back out . I agree with you , but i am a bit bored of the case also...and i have a friend who told me about the case , he has it and it works kinda nice with his setup...simmilar as mine. Thats why i was wondering if my setup will fit the case also

The O11 Dynamic is really for a water cooled system, the airflow on it isn't amazing. If you want a more airflow oriented case, something like the Corsair 4000X or 5000x is better. 

Also the O11 can't fit a NH-D15. The O11 Mini can, so if you really want the O11 look, go for the mini version.

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The O11 Dynamic is really for a water cooled system, the airflow on it isn't amazing. If you want a more airflow oriented case, something like the Corsair 4000X or 5000x is better. 

Also the O11 can't fit a NH-D15. The O11 Mini can, so if you really want the O11 look, go for the mini version.

AInt bad not gonna lie the 5000x...Thanks for the heads up on the NH-D15...How would you mount the side fans for better airflow? Intake i presume? And the fans that comes with are good and silent?

31 minutes ago, Alienized said:

AInt bad not gonna lie the 5000x...Thanks for the heads up on the NH-D15...How would you mount the side fans for better airflow? Intake i presume? And the fans that comes with are good and silent?

I don't personally have much experience with the case, I just know it's got great reviews and the option for a lot of fans. I'd take a look at the Gamers Nexus review of the case, they go into way more detail than I can remember, and probably will cover how to mount fans and the quality of the included fans.

46 minutes ago, Alienized said:

Airflow is just weird and hard to predict.  Doing something like taping a playing card somewhere can change everything. I suspect it’s just something you’d have to mess with.  To randomly guess, it’s possible your in-through-the-front out-through-the-top system could be drawing off air before it ever gets to the parts you want to cool.  My first experiment might be removing one of the top fans and replacing it with a piece of cardboard to block off the hole.  No idea if it would help of course.  This is the problem with airflow.  It just does weird and unexpected stuff.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Airflow is just weird and hard to predict.  Doing something like taping a playing card somewhere can change everything. I suspect it’s just something you’d have to mess with.  To randomly guess, it’s possible your in-through-the-front out-through-the-top system could be drawing off air before it ever gets to the parts you want to cool.  My first experiment might be removing one of the top fans and replacing it with a piece of cardboard to block off the hole.  No idea if it would help of course.  This is the problem with airflow.  It just does weird and unexpected stuff.  

well we no that hav vac nos bout air flow for a building so they just dont seem to chime in on pc builds...

we no direct cool air to the part will help but for the sake of looks we dont ducked air to the cpu cooler. and direct air to the gpu and out the side would be ideal but tempered glass is to blame.

so in that case we given up a lot of performance for looks. even in wc builds it would be ideal to intake out side and dump the air back out side like we use to do...

if we are talking about how the air flow thows the fan well there better desines the help impove it but no one want to change the look of pc fans for the sake of performance major hardware dose alot of test on air flow so you can see how other desines work better.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MajorHardware

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

55 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well we no that hav vac nos bout air flow for a building so they just dont seem to chime in on pc builds...

we no direct cool air to the part will help but for the sake of looks we dont ducked air to the cpu cooler. and direct air to the gpu and out the side would be ideal but tempered glass is to blame.

so in that case we given up a lot of performance for looks. even in wc builds it would be ideal to intake out side and dump the air back out side like we use to do...

if we are talking about how the air flow thows the fan well there better desines the help impove it but no one want to change the look of pc fans for the sake of performance major hardware dose alot of test on air flow so you can see how other desines work better.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MajorHardware

I know you can write more clearly than that.  It’s sounding like you’re saying that A case (not totally sure which case) is doing something based on looks rather than functionality.  “No” is sometimes “know” and sometimes isn’t amongst other things that I am confused by. I can’t make out what I being said.  Perhaps just a “me” problem.

The problem with airflow is it’s fluid dynamics.  General rough things can be guessed at, but they only sometimes actually work.  Testing is often required.  One famous example of form over function was the 57’ Chevy belle aire. It looked very aerodynamic with curves and fins everywhere but those curves and fins were put in to make it resemble a fighter plane of the period.  It actually had an unusually poor drag coefficient.  There was another car called a “rumbler” (a truly inauspicious name for a car)  that looked like a coffin but had an incredibly good drag coefficient.   The only final arbiter is testing unless you want to 3d scan the innards of a device and sic a supercomputer on it for a while.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I know you can write more clearly than that.  It’s sounding like you’re saying that A case (not totally sure which case) is doing something based on looks rather than functionality.  “No” is sometimes “know” and sometimes isn’t amongst other things that I am confused by. I can’t make out what I being said.  Perhaps just a “me” problem.

The problem with airflow is it’s fluid dynamics.  General rough things can be guessed at, but they only sometimes actually work.  Testing is often required.  One famous example of form over function was the 57’ Chevy belle aire. It looked very aerodynamic with curves and fins everywhere but those curves and fins were put in to make it resemble a fighter plane of the period.  It actually had an unusually poor drag coefficient.  There was another car called a “rumbler” (a truly inauspicious name for a car)  that looked like a coffin but had an incredibly good drag coefficient.   The only final arbiter is testing unless you want to 3d scan the innards of a device and sic a supercomputer on it for a while.

all i was saying was you can improve the air flow alot by not making it look nice.  and the stranded pc fan can be improved on.

ya i no i watched myth-buster do the golf ball car and alot of that is in racing well almost all of it really... about arrow dynamics. but its costly to do testing in a wind tunnel witch is why the people that win can spend more money testing... but there are also regulations in racing well you cant go too fast for safety. not in till they have a way of making it way more safe the it will be aloud. its like thow adjustable wings on race cars that were banded

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 hours ago, Alienized said:

the 011 is built around the aio or water cooling. the side intake for tower coolers will perform worse then a case with front intake just because the air has to do a 90 degree in to the cpu cooler. air dose not like bending and when it dose it losses performance just like water cooling.

the 011 being intake on the bottom for the gpu will be better then the 5000x. thow not having a back fan can heart its performance so the mini is probably better with the 120mm fan on the back. thow you need an itx psu....

they are in the works of an air version of some cases but that could out latter thow

5000x better for cpu cooling 011 better for gpu temps. but that's imo

42 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

all i was saying was you can improve the air flow alot by not making it look nice.  and the stranded pc fan can be improved on.

ya i no i watched myth-buster do the golf ball car and alot of that is in racing well almost all of it really... about arrow dynamics. but its costly to do testing in a wind tunnel witch is why the people that win can spend more money testing... but there are also regulations in racing well you cant go too fast for safety. not in till they have a way of making it way more safe the it will be aloud. its like thow adjustable wings on race cars that were banded

This is true.  Wild things can be done with ducting.  It often isn’t pretty though.

In which I ramble about motor sports. 

Spoiler

Wind tunnels aren’t generally used anymore because they are so expensive to operate that the aforementioned super computer time is cheaper.  I understand some are finding new life as skydiving “levitation” devices.  Many have simply fallen into disuse though. Auto racing is something of a special case because it’s a sport, and like all sports is a simulation of another thing. Basketball used to have neither the 3 point line nor the key.  They were rules added to make the game more interesting for spectators.  Iirc the person who forced the key into existence was Wilt Chamberlain who scored something over 100 points in a single game simply by standing under the basket and repetitively dunking. The history of rules changes in auto racing is kinda of odd.  There was for example in the late 60’s a guy who won a bunch of races by taking a small cheap non-competitive car and affixing a gigantic negative airfoil above the vehicle which gave him wild amounts of control.  The course effectively became shorter for him so he won repetitively.  The car wasn’t especially fast, it was merely extremely controllable.  This huge wing while removed in one type of racing was not removed in another type because it had a serious problem with tire grip.  Most dirt track sprint racing cars today still sport that gigantic fin made illegal in other types of racing in the 60’s.  Evolution of it even continued.

1F0C3CA1-1CA4-48F6-B487-879738A34341.jpeg.4fd8744f94d83d514d8ca23ea3b6e88c.jpeg

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

This is true.  Wild things can be done with ducting.  It often isn’t pretty though.

Hide contents

Wind tunnels aren’t generally used anymore because they are so expensive to operate that the aforementioned super computer time is cheaper.  I understand some are finding new life as skydiving “levitation” devices.  Many have simply fallen into disuse though. Auto racing is something of a special case because it’s a sport, and like all sports is a simulation of another thing. Basketball used to have neither the 3 point line nor the key.  They were rules added to make the game more interesting for spectators.  Iirc the person who forced the key into existence was Wilt Chamberlain who scored something over 100 points in a single game simply by standing under the basket and repetitively dunking. The history of rules changes in auto racing is kinda of odd.  There was for example in the late 60’s a guy who won a bunch of races by taking a small cheap non-competitive car and affixing a gigantic negative airfoil above the vehicle which gave him wild amounts of control.  The course effectively became shorter for him so he won repetitively.  The car wasn’t especially fast, it was merely extremely controllable.  This huge wing while removed in one type of racing was not removed in another type because it had a serious problem with tire grip.  Most dirt track sprint racing cars today still sport that gigantic fin made illegal in other types of racing in the 60’s.  Evolution of it even continued.

I love cars with lots of offset and huge tires, so this west-coast  supermodified is my cup of tea. | Old race cars, Sprint cars, Sports car  racing

5 hours ago, Alienized said:

So yeah in other words i will keep the case that i have...thanks

there nothing wrong with a new case and the 011 is a good case.

21 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

My memory is counterrotating fans are doable but very difficult to get right.  There are examples of where they have been gotten right as well as how difficult it is to do.  The Soviet bear bomber used them and it worked very well. So much so the thing is still used even though it was developed shortly after world war2.  The US made several attempts at them with military aircraft but all ended in failure. It’s extremely ticklish.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:21 PM, Alienized said:

So yeah in other words i will keep the case that i have...thanks

Which fans do you currently have installed at the front of the case?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Presumably you want a new case for better temps?

What're the temps you're getting on your current setup?  The Meshify is hella good for airflow, and not many cases will be a significant improvement over it for air cooling.

The Meshify C is a great case, if you add more fans than it comes with stock:

how about p500a? 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini