So, Who knows how to fix my mess

Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
2 minutes ago, PDeBlieck said:

Update, Psu not fried just a buzzing sound, pc still boots fine. I ran some diagnostics and got nothing back. May just replace My PSU for precaution

O.O Win!  PSUs are cheap compared to the rest of the machine.  My personal policy is to replace one if it merely looks at me funny.  Still might want to mention it to the landlord though.  Fire does weird and scary things to electrical.  

So last night my neighbors dryer caught fire, lint trap. Well at the exact time that I smelled the smoke from that My pc's PSU stated making a buzzing sound and the light on the fans when very dim, with the motherboard having a red light go on. I didn't get a chance to see what motherboard light went red, and it is off when I turned it back on. I shut it off because I thought the smell of smoke was my pc. My pc was plugged into a Monster Power MDP 700 which didn't do the trick.

14 minutes ago, PDeBlieck said:

Light hasn't came on

What light?

The supply still makes the buzzing sound

How do I figure out what exactly is wrong so I can replace it.

The PSU is toast (most likely). 

Edit: does the monster thing still function properly?

Did your PSU come with a PSU tester?

Regardless,  it's either of those 2 devices and most likely its the PSU, whatever happened took it out apparently. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Is this maybe an apartment building with shared walls?  Electrical wiring runs inside walls.  If your neighbor with a shared wall had a fire it could have messes with you wall electric which could have in turn fried your PSU.  (This will also make the landlord very unhappy.  there may be open uncontrolled weeping.  Not exaggerating.) the issue with PSUs that blow is they are connected all throughout a machine, and when they go if they go in the wrong way they can take other random parts with them.  I got know idea what all may have been damaged in a fried PSU scenario.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Update, Psu not fried just a buzzing sound, pc still boots fine. I ran some diagnostics and got nothing back. May just replace My PSU for precaution

2 minutes ago, PDeBlieck said:

O.O Win!  PSUs are cheap compared to the rest of the machine.  My personal policy is to replace one if it merely looks at me funny.  Still might want to mention it to the landlord though.  Fire does weird and scary things to electrical.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.