350€ pc help

EL02

Budget (including currency): 350€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Just regular stuff

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): obv no peripherals, obv no dedicated gpu

Website I'm buying from: skroutz.gr

Haven't paid a lot of attention to pc parts since the first gen ryzen came out. I just need a pc with at least 8gb ram, 240gb ssd and a decent quality psu.

Meh, might add a gtx 1650 later. But rn, an igpu would do. Maybe a 3200g but i dunno.

No, I cant stretch my budget. And no, used are not an option. I'm not in greece and im gonna buy the parts through someone I know, so cant really check the quality of the parts.

Edit: Also I dont care if the motherboard is a A320 bottom of the barrel one. As long as it supports the ram and the cpu its fine by me.

Sorry but thats just a little too low for new parts to be a decent system. Since you wanna add a gpu later I assume gaming will be part of the tasks later/now?

Honestly I'd just recommend a full tower dell (NOT SFF OR USFF UNITS) with an i7,8gb of ram and a ssd in it. Easily fits in your budget. I'd say aim for a 4th gen one if possible. Then later upgrade the psu and add a gpu.

I know you said used is not an option but really new there is not really an option where this computer isn't a pile of crap somewhere.

If you're not in greece why list it as the country of buying?

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

snip

Yeah, from what I saw, if I somehow find a way to get a cheaper ryzen apu than what is listed on the website, maybe I can do it. 

Like €70 for the mobo, €45 for ram, €30 for ssd, €45 for psu and €30 for the case.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

If you're not in greece why list it as the country of buying?

I'm in Albania. Parts are way overpriced, even old optiplexes.

11 hours ago, EL02 said:

Yeah, from what I saw, if I somehow find a way to get a cheaper ryzen apu than what is listed on the website, maybe I can do it. 

Like €70 for the mobo, €45 for ram, €30 for ssd, €45 for psu and €30 for the case.

I'm in Albania. Parts are way overpriced, even old optiplexes.

See thing is in greece the prices are higher too and there is no good psu for 45€. I really really really really urge you to have some patience and save up more. Whats gonna happen is that with a gpu upgrade you'll end up spending a lot extra.

Also 30 for a ssd is at best 250gb for a kinda crappy one. Which is just not enough storage. So yeah you want to go cheap but at some point you cheaping out will end up being a lot more expensive in the long run.

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

See thing is in greece the prices are higher too and there is no good psu for 45€. I really really really really urge you to have some patience and save up more. Whats gonna happen is that with a gpu upgrade you'll end up spending a lot extra.

Also 30 for a ssd is at best 250gb for a kinda crappy one. Which is just not enough storage. So yeah you want to go cheap but at some point you cheaping out will end up being a lot more expensive in the long run.

Total: 200EUR

Finding a 3200g or 3400g for 150EUR should be doable. I don't know man, this seems like a better deal then getting a old dell or optiplex. But yeah, I might just wait and see If i can add a litlle more money on my budget. 

Thanks a lot for the advice. Really appreciate it!

6 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Total: 200EUR

Finding a 3200g or 3400g for 150EUR should be doable. I don't know man, this seems like a better deal then getting a old dell or optiplex. But yeah, I might just wait and see If i can add a litlle more money on my budget. 

Thanks a lot for the advice. Really appreciate it!

See the issue is that if you ever want to play any modern games on the system the 3400g is the absolute minimum you should go for as games are requiring 8 threads today.

Now for you partslist.

Board is kinda garbage but well cheap so NEVER put something more than a 6 core in it

Ram sucks it's cl18 3000mhz ram that is terrible for a apu. If possible get cl16 at 3000mhz or more it IS worth it like a serious performance difference.

This ssd sucks. It has no dram cache and is quite slow but if it's all you can get it is still better than a hdd

Psu is ok don't push it tho

Case is ok but the fans are NOT rgb controllable and run at max speed always. Good that you went with a mesh one.

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ram sucks it's cl18 3000mhz ram that is terrible for a apu. If possible get cl16 at 3000mhz or more it IS worth it like a serious performance difference.

Oh i just saw 3000mhz 16-18-18-36 and thought its cl16.

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This ssd sucks. It has no dram cache and is quite slow but if it's all you can get it is still better than a hdd.

Nah might be able to get a better one.

Thanks

8 hours ago, EL02 said:

Oh i just saw 3000mhz 16-18-18-36 and thought its cl16.

Nah might be able to get a better one.

Thanks

Oh from what I found it's cl18. Maybe wrong data for one of us?

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Oh from what I found it's cl18. Maybe wrong data for one of us?

IMG_20210918_222558.thumb.jpg.9bf7a4b99db3cbab0b4347dc945bc262.jpg

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Fair nough c16 it is but if possible get the 3600mhz one.

Ehh, I dont know if those cheap motherboards would support 3600mhz ones. But yeah I will think about that too.

10 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Ehh, I dont know if those cheap motherboards would support 3600mhz ones. But yeah I will think about that too.

They do via xmp natively 3200 is max on auto.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

They do via xmp natively 3200 is max on auto.

Yeah the thing is for example the r5 2400g is still first gen, even thought its named after the 2xxx series. If my memory serves me right, there were some problems related to first gen ryzens not being able to run 3200mhz ram due to their memory controllers.

18 hours ago, EL02 said:

Yeah the thing is for example the r5 2400g is still first gen, even thought its named after the 2xxx series. If my memory serves me right, there were some problems related to first gen ryzens not being able to run 3200mhz ram due to their memory controllers.

They could just is more difficult.