I5 vs I7

Depends. Since we're comparing mobile processors there would be some options that are actually worse.

But it's certainly not as good as i7 components from the same product family.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Depends. Since we're comparing mobile processors there would be some options that are actually worse.

But it's certainly not as good as i7 components from the same product family.

What do you mean?

Because some website told that i7 greatly increased performance than i5, but when i try enter i5 10500h vs i7 11th gen https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/, it show i5 10500h placed 50 but i7 11th gen placed 200, that why i confused now

Screenshot_2021-09-18-02-54-17-45_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bang Jerunf said:

What do you mean?

Something like an i7-10610U. It's a 10th gen i7, but it has 2 less cores and is a low-power product, so it would have slower clock speeds overall.

But if you're asking if the i5-10500H is faster than the i7-10750H, or i7-10700 or something, then no, it's slower.

2 minutes ago, Bang Jerunf said:

Because some website told that i7 greatly increased performance than i5, but when i try enter i5 10500h vs i7 11th gen https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/, it show i5 10500h placed 50 but i7 11th gen placed 200, that why i confused now

User benchmark is really bad. And still, there is more than one 11th gen i7. There are dozens, actually. The 1165G7 is from a different family of processors.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

User benchmark is really bad. And still, there is more than one 11th gen i7. There are dozens, actually. The 1165G7 is from a different family of processors.

He's also comparing a laptop cpu to a desktop i5 10500...

1 minute ago, curiousmind34 said:

Yeah I glossed over the screenshot, since OP mentioned the 10500H in the original post I assumed it was more important. But mobile or not the 1165G7 can be held back very severely by its power limits, my laptop can attest to that.

Of course AIB design is a major factor here too, an Asus laptop with a given CPU might not be as bad as an Acer laptop with the same processor.

Primary PC:

9 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

No i am not comparing with desktop cpu,I think of buying this laptop before, I want to use for programming, but still thinking as my lecturer told me that better to get i7 laptop, so If i get i7 11/10th gen laptop I wondering is it more high performance than this msi gf63 laptop which has i5 10500h

Screenshot_2021-09-18-03-11-02-44_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Also i comparing it with that cpu as it in some of cpu that has intel iris xe 

Just now, Bang Jerunf said:

No i am not comparing with desktop cpu,I think of buying this laptop before, I want to use for programming, but still thinking as my lecturer told me that better to get i7 laptop, so If i get i7 11/10th gen laptop I wondering is it more high performance than this msi gf63 laptop which has i5 10500h

no, your userbenchmark screenshot had a 10500.  Not a 10500H, they're two different chips.  The non-H is a desktop chip.

So, real specs:

Intel i5-10500H:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201905/intel-core-i5-10500h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

Intel i7-1165G7:
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208921/intel-core-i7-1165g7-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-70-ghz-with-ipu.html

The i5 has 2 more cores, higher TDP, Higher Bus Speed

The i7 has:  Slightly higher Clock Speeds, Lower TDP, Better Graphics (XE instead of UHD)

So, in most cases?  The i5 will be a more powerful chip.

(Also, as mentioned elsewhere, userbenchmark is crap on the best of days)

3 minutes ago, tkitch said:

no, your userbenchmark screenshot had a 10500.  Not a 10500H, they're two different chips.  The non-H is a desktop chip.

Oh my bad , But it still higher ranked, 

Screenshot_2021-09-18-03-16-15-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Need to look up specific reviews of model. Not all implementations of laptops are created equal. Some will have firmware imposed TPD limitations that you can't get around. And each has their own cooling solutions that you can't judge by a spec sheet. A higher end CPU might actually perform worse than a lower end one from a different model because of these reasons.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Bang Jerunf said:

Also i comparing it with that cpu as it in some of cpu that has intel iris xe 

When it comes to Xe graphics, you mainly find that on the Intel CPU's whose name has a G near the end and the last number tells you how powerful the graphics are. The biggest number is 7. So, for example, the i5 1135G7 is an i5 with the best graphics an i5 mobile CPU from that line can have. These numbers are a bit tricky to compare across models, though, because the i7 1185G7 has even better graphics, even though the numbers are the same. The 10500H uses the older and weaker UHD graphics, not Xe.

Intel's mobile lineup is really hard to figure out right now.

Oh my bad , But it still higher ranked,

That's because the 10500H is completely different from the 1165G7. The 10500H is allowed to use more power, so it can clock higher for longer, and it also has 6 cores vs the 4 cores in the 1165G7.

Just now, YoungBlade said:

That's because the 10500H is completely different from the 1165G7. The 10500H is allowed to use more power, so it can clock higher for longer, and it also has 6 cores vs the 4 cores in the 1165G7.

Ouhh even though it i7 11th gen the i5 10500H still outperform it right?

10 minutes ago, Bang Jerunf said:

Here is something else to consider:

An i5 is still a good processor, if you are getting something like a gaming computer but you spend more money on the CPU, you might spend less on the graphics card and it will hurt performance overall.

So it's not just about having the best CPU, it's about having a balanced system.

Primary PC:

Ouhh even though it i7 11th gen the i5 10500H still outperform it right?

Both are Intel mobile chips, but they aren't from the same family. They use different architectures, have different core counts, and use different amounts of power. They aren't intended for the same uses.

The i7 1165G7 is intended for lightweight laptops that need long battery life and powerful integrated graphics. Those kinds of laptops typically don't have a dedicated graphics chip.

The i5 10500H is intended for powerful laptops, like gaming laptops and mobile workstations, that need raw power. Those types of laptops basically always included dedicated graphics.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

Both are Intel mobile chips, but they aren't from the same family. They use different architectures, have different core counts, and use different amounts of power. They aren't intended for the same uses.

The i7 1165G7 is intended for lightweight laptops that need long battery life and powerful integrated graphics. Those kinds of laptops typically don't have a dedicated graphics chip.

The i5 10500H is intended for powerful laptops, like gaming laptops and mobile workstations, that need raw power. Those types of laptops basically always included dedicated graphics.

So which one will be smoother? Sorry about this I really dont know about this matter, That why I want to ask some advice whether does the msi gf63 series offer better performance or other i7 11th gen lightweight laptop? Because my plan before asking my lecturer was to buy the msi gf 63 as it a gaming laptop. As I know gaming laptop offer better performance, But it make me wondered whether i7 lightweight laptop offer better performance. Because my budget quite tight right now which under RM 3600 or 850 USD Thats why I want to find a good laptop fitting the price , Also I not a heavy gamer, I just want to find a laptop that give me smoother experience

3 minutes ago, Bang Jerunf said:

So which one will be smoother? Sorry about this I really dont know about this matter, That why I want to ask some advice whether does the msi gf63 series offer better performance or other i7 11th gen lightweight laptop? Because my plan before asking my lecturer was to buy the msi gf 63 as it a gaming laptop. As I know gaming laptop offer better performance, But it make me wondered whether i7 lightweight laptop offer better performance. Because my budget quite tight right now which under RM 3600 or 850 USD Thats why I want to find a good laptop fitting the price , Also I not a heavy gamer, I just want to find a laptop that give me smoother experience

Neither will be especially good at gaming.  Intel integrated graphics are pretty crap tier.

The /terrible/ GT1030 from NVidia That was a joke when it came out?  is STILL BETTER than the intel XE Integrated graphics.

1 minute ago, Bang Jerunf said:

The MSI gaming laptop will likely have better performance, but it will have a much lower battery life. It's also probably heavier and bulkier than a similarly priced i7 1165G7 laptop.

When it comes to regular tasks, like web browsing, taking notes, and such, I doubt you'd notice much of a difference between the two. Instead, you should be looking at the whole laptop - not just the processor.

If you're just using it for classes and basic applications, an 11th gen i7 is probably going to be better, because its battery will probably last longer and won't weigh as much when you're carrying it around. That said, you should look up reviews and specs for the individual model to make sure it's a good laptop.

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

Neither will be especially good at gaming.  Intel integrated graphics are pretty crap tier.

The /terrible/ GT1030 from NVidia That was a joke when it came out?  is STILL BETTER than the intel XE Integrated graphics.

That MSI laptop has a 1650 Max Q. I'm pretty sure that's way better than a GT 1030.

1 minute ago, YoungBlade said:

That MSI laptop has a 1650 Max Q. I'm pretty sure that's way better than a GT 1030.

Can You recommend to me best laptop around my budget as I do not know how to choose a good laptop, Before this all I look is Processor, Graphic Card. But now I care less about the GPU as I want to use the laptop for programming purpose and some light editing. Prefer laptop brand such as Asus, HP, Dell,Acer, Lenovo as it available in my country. Sorry to bother you but please help

7 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

The MSI gaming laptop will likely have better performance, but it will have a much lower battery life. It's also probably heavier and bulkier than a similarly priced i7 1165G7 laptop.

When it comes to regular tasks, like web browsing, taking notes, and such, I doubt you'd notice much of a difference between the two. Instead, you should be looking at the whole laptop - not just the processor.

If you're just using it for classes and basic applications, an 11th gen i7 is probably going to be better, because its battery will probably last longer and won't weigh as much when you're carrying it around. That said, you should look up reviews and specs for the individual model to make sure it's a good laptop.

As this laptop will be my last choice  because It almost exceed my budget. If I Can save my budget to 800USD It is better as  I dont want to use it for heavy gaming , but sometimes video editing, Some people told me that intel Iris Xe is enough to do some video editing.

5 minutes ago, Bang Jerunf said:

Can You recommend to me best laptop around my budget as I do not know how to choose a good laptop, Before this all I look is Processor, Graphic Card. But now I care less about the GPU as I want to use the laptop for programming purpose and some light editing. Prefer laptop brand such as Asus, HP, Dell,Acer, Lenovo as it available in my country. Sorry to bother you but please help

I don't know anything about the Malaysian laptop market. I don't even know what sites I would use to help you find a laptop.