What are these pins called ?

Cringe123

They're just the pins that connect the memory DIMM slot to the motherboard. How did you manage to break them? I don't believe that is going to be an easy fix without some SMD soldering experience and equipment. 

9 minutes ago, rickeo said:

They're just the pins that connect the memory DIMM slot to the motherboard. How did you manage to break them? I don't believe that is going to be an easy fix without some SMD soldering experience and equipment. 

Well this part links to another post I made but weird green residue was on it so i wiped it off and it seems the pin might have been broken either from the residue or from me brushing it off. Im not sure if it's broken but it sure as well might be. I tried literally everything possible. Rubbing alcohol 99%, brushing it, compressed air and the pc still wont boot when ram is in that slot.

13 minutes ago, rickeo said:

You can actually see the broken pin in thsi photo. Its very very slightly greener. keep in mind that it was covering that pin before until i wiped it off and used some rubbing alcohol20210915_164333.thumb.jpg.547e29466b95342137f8c02a023d55f8.jpg

3 hours ago, rickeo said:

I've had a look online and I cant really find any information on how the whole process would work. Guessing that's because most people wouldn't ever attempt it. I can't tell if the pin is broken or if it's just not fully clean. I don't know how the pins are meant to connect anyway

25 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

Very careful use of a heat gun. Start further away from the board than you initially think. Reflow that solder. 

I dont think I have a heat gun, besides I think id be pretty scared to try it as I might just cause more damage. I might buy a new motherboard and try a heat gun on the board before I put the new one in just to fix it. Thanks

36 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

I've had a look online and I cant really find any information on how the whole process would work. Guessing that's because most people wouldn't ever attempt it. I can't tell if the pin is broken or if it's just not fully clean. I don't know how the pins are meant to connect anyway

You'll need a heatgun and most importantly some experience using it. That kind of soldering isn't for those who have never soldered anything before. Very delicate work and you have a lot of pins to heat up. Honestly, looking at it, I think you're way over your head. An electronics repair shop would be a better bet.

Just now, rickeo said:

You'll need a heatgun and most importantly some experience using it. That kind of soldering isn't for those who have never soldered anything before. Very delicate work and you have a lot of pins to heat up. Honestly, looking at it, I think you're way over your head. An electronics repair shop would be a better bet.

You are definitely correct. However I believe that they charge more than the motherboard would cost to completely replace. I think I might just buy a new motherboard at some point. Thanks for your help.

18 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

I dont think I have a heat gun, besides I think id be pretty scared to try it as I might just cause more damage. I might buy a new motherboard and try a heat gun on the board before I put the new one in just to fix it. Thanks

For sure, 

I apologize if I misunderstood. I was under the assumption that the board was inop? At that point it's a "what's there to loose?" situation. Either way, there is never a guarantee. 

Best of luck to ya! 

11 minutes ago, MadGoatHaz said:

For sure, 

I apologize if I misunderstood. I was under the assumption that the board was inop? At that point it's a "what's there to loose?" situation. Either way, there is never a guarantee. 

Best of luck to ya! 

Thanks :). The motherboard is fully working except for that one slot so I think ill just take yours and others advice and leave it alone and buy a new one instead.