MSI Mystic Light sucks, and we all know that.

WhiteHarlequin

Hello guys, as the title says I think that MSI software to control RGB lights could be made muuuuch better. I have recently installed this PCIe cable riser (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08R9PDBTD) in my sistem, connecting the 5V aRGB cable to the JRainbow1 header. Well, that should work, but it doesn't. The device doesn't even light up. On top of this, the PCH RGB lights don't work anymore, but they did before installing this cable riser. I've tried reinstalling Mystic Light as well as MSI Center, but this didn't fix the issue. Even with other RGB softwares, like OpenRGB, the motherboard is detected but its lights don't light up nor change color at all. Any ideas?

EDIT: I may as well buy this adapter (https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07XP1B41B) and control it through iCue, but I'd prefer not to spend 15$ extra.

My PCAugust 14, 2021 

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x  4.0 GHz

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 cromax.black

MBD MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x4GB ‒ 3200MHz

GPU Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT  Gaming OC  8GB

SSD Crucial P5 NVMe M.2 500GB

HDD Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB

PSU Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold

Case Corsair Carbide 275R

Fans Corsair 3xLL120 RGB with Lightning Node Pro

Peripherals 

Monitor MSI Optix G271 27" 1080p ‒ 144Hz 1ms

Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma

Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Headset Razer Kraken

Controller Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

23 hours ago, WhiteHarlequin said:

Hello guys, as the title says I think that MSI software to control RGB lights could be made muuuuch better. I have recently installed this PCIe cable riser (https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B08R9PDBTD) in my sistem, connecting the 5V aRGB cable to the JRainbow1 header. Well, that should work, but it doesn't. The device doesn't even light up. On top of this, the PCH RGB lights don't work anymore, but they did before installing this cable riser. I've tried reinstalling Mystic Light as well as MSI Center, but this didn't fix the issue. Even with other RGB softwares, like OpenRGB, the motherboard is detected but its lights don't light up nor change color at all. Any ideas?

EDIT: I may as well buy this adapter (https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07XP1B41B) and control it through iCue, but I'd prefer not to spend 15$ extra.

what mb

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

what mb

MPG B550 Gaming Plus, it doesn't seem to be an onboard LED switch nor one in the BIOS, so...

My PCAugust 14, 2021 

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x  4.0 GHz

CPU Cooler Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 cromax.black

MBD MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x4GB ‒ 3200MHz

GPU Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT  Gaming OC  8GB

SSD Crucial P5 NVMe M.2 500GB

HDD Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB

PSU Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold

Case Corsair Carbide 275R

Fans Corsair 3xLL120 RGB with Lightning Node Pro

Peripherals 

Monitor MSI Optix G271 27" 1080p ‒ 144Hz 1ms

Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma

Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate

Headset Razer Kraken

Controller Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

7 hours ago, WhiteHarlequin said:

MPG B550 Gaming Plus, it doesn't seem to be an onboard LED switch nor one in the BIOS, so...

you looked at the led switch and its on?

i dont now any argb/rgb mbs so i dont really no how the software works but last i looked at it you have to select witch header its connected to

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links