can i make a photo nas with google photos?

adarw

so i got a hard drive and as my free google photos space runs out i need more space, would i be able to connect my hard drive forever online on my pc and be able to store photos with my chromebook? im not sure how this works. 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

so i got a hard drive and as my free google photos space runs out i need more space, would i be able to connect my hard drive forever online on my pc and be able to store photos with my chromebook? im not sure how this works. 

Yes you can, but it wouldn't be that simple. From my understaning you got a new hdd and want to store your photos on it to accses them from your chromebook. To do this you need a computer that can be on at all times that you would be accsesing the photos, and there is more steps after that but it's been a while since I've done this and I'd have to do some research.

Google photos: a cloud based service provided by Google.

NAS: network attached storage.

You cannot make a "Nas" with "Google photos". What you can do is maybe create a nextcloud server on the Chromebook (no clue if you actually can) and use the said disk as storage device. Other solutions include actually setting up a Nas and a VPN server.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, Levent said:

What you can do is maybe create a nextcloud server on the Chromebook (no clue if you actually can) and use the said disk as storage device.

If you can do it on linux you can do it on a chrome book(it might be slow though).

Bunch of options mentioned here: 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Bunch of options mentioned here: 

not related at all but how did you make that picture be a link??

2 minutes ago, archiso said:

not related at all but how did you make that picture be a link??

it's not a picture.  If you post a link to Youtube, Reddit, or several other destinations, it embeds the media in your post.

6 minutes ago, tkitch said:

it's not a picture.  If you post a link to Youtube, Reddit, or several other destinations, it embeds the media in your post.

ohh, that's cool.

20 minutes ago, Levent said:

Google photos: a cloud based service provided by Google.

NAS: network attached storage.

You cannot make a "Nas" with "Google photos". What you can do is maybe create a nextcloud server on the Chromebook (no clue if you actually can) and use the said disk as storage device. Other solutions include actually setting up a Nas and a VPN server.

ik i just didnt know how to write it lol. alright thanks....

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#