Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think my MOBO is corrupted

Go to solution Solved by Levent,
6 minutes ago, Romi said:

I tried with a usb drive it's unresponsive. Any other options?

Sadly not that I know of, at best you are looking at getting cmos reflashed and at worst looking at getting the chip replaced.

So long story short, I tweaked a few settings in the bios of my msi b85m-e45, and now the computer refuses to boot into windows and it shows I think corrupt info (see picture below) I tried to reset cmos, take out gpu, rearrange RAM, unplugged ssd and the bios was responsive but after I plug my ssd back in at the promt screen it freezes again...

Is my mobo fu$#ed?

IMG_20210917_141205.jpg

Oh I also tried to update the bios but I already had the latest version but it just freezes and doesn't do anything afterwards...

Take out the cmos battery and then put it back in after a minute or 2

<content removed by Moderation>

My previous MSI Z77 motherboard had a similiar thing and I had to flash the bios with a programmer.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's

Nope can't boot into safe mode, however I do have access to my bios setup now

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Take out the cmos battery and then put it back in after a minute or 2

Already did that, numerous time, still nothing.

Time to flash the bios.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Frost Commander 140

Asus Strix B550-F Gaming | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200C14

EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra | WD SN750 500GB, 1000GB

Seasonic Prime GX-750 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Many CFM's

Just now, freeagent said:

Time to flash the bios.

6 minutes ago, Romi said:

Sadly not that I know of, at best you are looking at getting cmos reflashed and at worst looking at getting the chip replaced.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's
1 minute ago, Levent said:

Welp you are right, can't do that so I guess I will be looking to buy a new mobo+cpu kit, any good amd ryzen recommendations?

make a new post <3

Sorry for any grammatical/spelling errors, I am writing on kindle.
Also, sorry I didn't quote or mention you, it is impossible on kindle.
Damn, this RGB is straight bussin'.
Can I be the first kindle moderator?

17 minutes ago, Romi said:

Welp you are right, can't do that so I guess I will be looking to buy a new mobo+cpu kit, any good amd ryzen recommendations?

Amd ryzen 5 5600X. Newest and greatest for budget gaming ( Like a new I5 but better) Ryzen 7  for editing and gaming and for games like beamng drive (physics sim) to run extemely well (like an I7 but with 8 cores standard). Ryzen 9 is for workstation and hardcore editing and gaming (like an I9 bu standard with 10 cores i think, you can go up to 12/16 I think)

You can try setting things using all "Default" settings and save, reboot and see if it changes anything.

That's a known issue with the older DFI boards and sometimes it's the only way short of a reflash to get it booting the HDD/OS again and may work in this instance - Maybe not but can't hurt to try it.

Also know a weak battery can cause things like this to happen too, just be sure it's "Good" as in about 2.9v's + or better, a new one has 3.0v's or even a tad more. If it's ever below 2.9v's replace it because it's bad.
A weak battery can cause BIOS corruption so it's smart to check that with issues like this.

4 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

You can try setting things using all "Default" settings and save, reboot and see if it changes anything.

That's a known issue with the older DFI boards and sometimes it's the only way short of a reflash to get it booting the HDD/OS again and may work in this instance - Maybe not but can't hurt to try it.

Also know a weak battery can cause things like this to happen too, just be sure it's "Good" as in about 2.9v's + or better, a new one has 3.0v's or even a tad more. If it's ever below 2.9v's replace it because it's bad.
A weak battery can cause BIOS corruption so it's smart to check that with issues like this.

Tried resetting to default settings numerous times, didn't work, the battery is good I also tried other ones, I will try reinstalling cpu see if that helps...

Could be a simple reseat of the chip will do it - I've seen it work before myself.

7 minutes ago, Centigrams said:

Amd ryzen 5 5600X. Newest and greatest for budget gaming ( Like a new I5 but better) Ryzen 7  for editing and gaming and for games like beamng drive (physics sim) to run extemely well (like an I7 but with 8 cores standard). Ryzen 9 is for workstation and hardcore editing and gaming (like an I9 bu standard with 10 cores i think, you can go up to 12/16 I think)

The 5 5600X sounds good, welp I didn't want to upgrade but I see myself with no other choices...

Its Firday, might be payday.. These are the best days to spend the big dollas 🙂

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Could be a simple reseat of the chip will do it - I've seen it work before myself.

Nope didn't work.

6 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Its Firday, might be payday.. These are the best days to spend the big dollas 🙂

Yeah but I was waiting for better prices I was also pretty satisfied with my i5

Welp I guess from now on I will always buy a mobo with dual bios...

1 hour ago, Romi said:

Welp I guess from now on I will always buy a mobo with dual bios...

This is why I don’t like MSi.. don’t care about their new stuff because their old stuff was shit in my eyes 🙂

To me they are just another ECS but better than chaintech lol..