Weird Visual Bug on Wolfenstein The New Order/The Old Blood

Light_Whight

I bought these games on sale on epic and no matter what I do (compatability, fullscreen optimisations, gpu drivers etc) the game either has a manu stuck on screen while the game plays out behind it or looks like this (see attached video). If anyone has any ideas to fix this that would be great. P.S I refunded them on epic and bought them on steam to see if it was an epic problem but its the exact same. P.P.S Epilepsy warning for the footage :)

20210917105304_1.jpg

20210917105312_1.jpg

• 9 months later...

bro same!!!!

have you found anything out?

• 2 weeks later...

I also just bought this game but on steam. I still have the same glitch as you. I tried to check the integrity of the files but it doesn't work.

Before we begin
This fix should be compatible with all Radeon models supported by the game. Personally tested on Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series. Other users reported that it works with newer Radeon models, such as RX 6800 XT.

Although the process is quick and easy, this guide assumes that you have a minimum of experience using Windows. You only need to use the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe) to modify some values of the game profile in the Radeon driver. If you don't know how to use regedit.exe, I recommend watching a video on YouTube about it. If you still have doubts, it may be better not to do it and try other solutions (although the error will probably continue to appear, since it's a driver bug).

It only affects the profile for Wolfenstein The Old Blood. It doesn't affect other games or applications. Uninstalling the driver removes the changes from the registry (something to keep in mind if the driver is updated by restoring the default values, since the changes have to be applied again)

Fix for low FPS on AMD Radeon (driver bug)
Due to a bug in the drivers the performance is very low, even on hardware that far exceeds the recommended requirements.
To fix it you need to edit the Windows registry:

Open the Windows registry editor (regedit.exe)

Go to
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\UMD

NOTE: If the "UMD" subfolder is not found in the "0000" folder, look for a similar one such as "0001"
Example:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\UMD

Edit the value of "CatalystAI" by changing the value from "31" to "30" (it is simpler to erase the first number and enter "3" with the keyboard)

The result would be:
00000000 30 00 00 00 0...

Edit the value of "CatalystAI_DEF" by changing the value of "1" to "0"

Ready. You can close the registry editor window and just start the game normally.

Additional comments
Also to improve performance in general I recommend reducing, or completely disabling, anti-aliasing.
The in-game implementation is resource intensive and it's more effective to use an external one like MLAA from the Radeon control panel.

It's work for me on AMD radeon graphic card! 😄