Widget panel and Facebook Messenger not working on Windows 11 Beta

TheDzikiZajonc

Oi!

I installed Windows 11 Beta on my laptop yesterday and have come to basically two major bugs, maybe you can help me with them.

1. Facebook Messenger (from Microsoft Store) is either not launching at all, or launching and quitting immediately, or launching, working, and quitting after 2-3 minutes. Did someone has this problem and solved it?

2. Widget Panel not working at all. At first I unpinned widget button from taskbar, wanting to use as much keyboard shortcuts as possible. But at some point Win+W shortcut stopped working, the widget panel did not open at all. So I turned on widgets on taskbar again, but after clicking it nothing happens. Only icon animation runs, the panel won't open. Tried editing registry, restarting Explorer and Windows multiple times, editing group policy. Nothin works. In Task Manager I don't even see "Windows Widgets" task, like it wasn't installed or running.

17 minutes ago, TheDzikiZajonc said:

Oi!

I installed Windows 11 Beta on my laptop yesterday and have come to basically two major bugs, maybe you can help me with them.

1. Facebook Messenger (from Microsoft Store) is either not launching at all, or launching and quitting immediately, or launching, working, and quitting after 2-3 minutes. Did someone has this problem and solved it?

2. Widget Panel not working at all. At first I unpinned widget button from taskbar, wanting to use as much keyboard shortcuts as possible. But at some point Win+W shortcut stopped working, the widget panel did not open at all. So I turned on widgets on taskbar again, but after clicking it nothing happens. Only icon animation runs, the panel won't open. Tried editing registry, restarting Explorer and Windows multiple times, editing group policy. Nothin works. In Task Manager I don't even see "Windows Widgets" task, like it wasn't installed or running.

Windows 11 isn't officially released to the public yet - all beta builds are subject to bugs & general instability and should NOT be installed in production environments. It's possible that whatever build (or update) you're running has indeed become broken due to XYZ reason. Normally I'd say report the bug to Microsoft, but by the time anyone reads the bug report they'll probably be pushing the next update out so totally up to you. Instead, I'd recommend a clean install OR going back to a stable version of Windows 10 until 11 is officially released. 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Come on now, it is still in the BETA phase of release.  I downloaded and installed the same Windows 11 BETA and I have found several bugs so far.  I sent in the bug reports and haven't heard a thing but that is to be expected.  Just keep your fingers crossed the bugs are removed/patched/fixed when the public release finally hits the streets.

My taskbar icons are acting bit weird and going all the way to the right instead of center. Yes of course its still Windows 11 Insider Preview, that's what it is meant for issues, errors, and lots of bugs but now only three weeks remains to the official launch on 5th October.