Pc won’t post after case swap

Parker O

GTX 1660 (MSI)

RYZEN 5 3600

A520M pro

kraken Z63

600W gold power supply not ATX (I can check brand if needed) 

I started with a prebuilt PC and I wanted to change the case, I put it all into an NZXY H510i. The only other part I changed was the cpu cooler which is now a kraken Z63.

when I try and press the power button nothing lights up no monitor output no fans spinning, all that I was able to find is that the power supply makes a faint click, the water cooler motor moves for .4 seconds then another psu click then nothing. My psu was not damaged before the build but it may be possible I damaged it during the build.

Yup, there is PSU cable that is not seated correctly (not pushing it hard enough, etc.)

Been there done that.

Try reconnecting the CPU power cable/cables and the 24 pin on both ends (if they're modular, otherwise just the one end). If that doesn't work try reseating the CPU and RAM. If that doesn't work then you've probably got a PSU/CPU/motherboard problem.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Goldilock said:

Yup, there is PSU cable that is not seated correctly (not pushing it hard enough, etc.)

Been there done that.

So it would be one of these 3

gpu cable (6 pin)

motherboard cable (24 pin)

pcie cable (8 pin)

just wanna make sure it’s not some other power cables causing it

7 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Try reconnecting the CPU power cable/cables and the 24 pin on both ends (if they're modular, otherwise just the one end). If that doesn't work try reseating the CPU and RAM. If that doesn't work then you've probably got a PSU/CPU/motherboard problem.

Ok I will also give that a try, hopefully I won’t have to reset the cpu

4 minutes ago, Parker O said:

gpu cable (6 pin)

pcie cable (8 pin)

A PCIe cable won't cause the computer to shut down, but the CPU EPS cable in the upper left would be something else that would cause shutdowns like this.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

12 minutes ago, Parker O said:

gpu cable (6 pin)

pcie cable (8 pin)

Like guy above me said, more likely 24 pin and auxilary 6/8 pin cpu power.

I have reset all the connectors and ram, I guess I will have to try and reset the cpu. I will message back here when I do hopefully it works

So I have done everything you guys said above, I Re plugged every cable coming from the psu, I reset the ram, the cpu, the graphics card. 

I am sure my PSU is not dead, I bridged pins 3 and 4 and my kraken lcd lit up and it’s fans started spinning (case fans wired directly to motherboard did not) should I try to reset the CMOS battery I really don’t want to have to redo all the bios stuff but that’s the only other thing I found online

I tried to reset the CMOS and nothing changed,  it even the debug lights went on I think now I will have to get a new motherboard that’s the only thing I can think of.