USB OTG wants me to reformat my drive??

The Torrent

got a 1tb drive into a sata interface into an otg converter into my phone.

Firstly, let me mention i have ran chkdsk on my pc, and my drive works completely fine on my pc.

My phone says i need to reformat it before i can use it because its corrupted???? thats annoying.... 

How do i fix this? i dont wanna reformat it of course because theres too much stuff on there.

Also i should mention, theres actually another partition on the drive (because it originally had windows on it and idk how to remove the partition) of about 20gb and that partition actually can be detected and works fine (i have no data stored on there tho).

6 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

got a 1tb drive into a sata interface into an otg converter into my phone.

Firstly, let me mention i have ran chkdsk on my pc, and my drive works completely fine on my pc.

My phone says i need to reformat it before i can use it because its corrupted???? thats annoying.... 

How do i fix this? i dont wanna reformat it of course because theres too much stuff on there.

Also i should mention, theres actually another partition on the drive (because it originally had windows on it and idk how to remove the partition) of about 20gb and that partition actually can be detected and works fine (i have no data stored on there tho).

I think it could be an issue where your phone doesn't support the file system your drive is using and wants to format it to something that it does support.

Edit: @Atessin4got to it first.

2 minutes ago, Atessin4 said:

Android doesn't support ntfs. Copy files, reformat your disk to fat32 or exfat and try again.

thats wrong or at least not true for my oneplus 7t pro

1 minute ago, archiso said:

I think it could be an issue where your phone doesn't support the file system your drive is using and wants to format it to something that it does support

cant tell what file system is the issue, my other ntfs drives work fine (as well as the partition i must remind you).

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

cant tell what file system is the issue, my other ntfs drives work fine (as well as the partition i must remind you).

ok, try reformating(Don't forget to save your files) the drive with the problem, if the other ntfs drives are working then you can just format the drive as ntfs.

Just now, archiso said:

ok, try reformating(Don't forget to save your files) the drive with the problem, if the other ntfs drives are working then you can just format the drive as ntfs.

it is ntfs tho......

Just now, The Torrent said:

thats wrong.

No, you are wrong. NTFS is Microsoft's proprietary file system, unless the manufacturer of your phone has some sort of licence agreement with them your phone wont support NTFS without a third party software. This is one of the points you have be aware if you want to maintain a device release in popular android roms (like LineageOS).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

it is ntfs tho......

if your phone has a problrm with it and no other ntfs drives then there could be a problem with how it was formated.

8 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

thats wrong or at least not true for my oneplus 7t pro

Then it doesn't receive enough power. Try plugging it through a usb hub with external power

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

No, you are wrong. NTFS is Microsoft's proprietary file system, unless the manufacturer of your phone has some sort of licence agreement with them your phone wont support NTFS without a third party software. This is one of the points you have be aware if you want to maintain a device release in popular android roms (like LineageOS).

well other ntfs drives work absolutely fine with my phone so im afraid im not wrong... 😕

8 minutes ago, Atessin4 said:

Then it doesn't receive enough power. Try plugging it through a usb hub with external power

no thats not the issue either.

As i said, the partition works fine, which means power is deffo not an issue.

Might not like drives with multiple partitions, if I remember well mine will only show the first.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, The Torrent said:

well other ntfs drives work absolutely fine with my phone so im afraid im not wrong... 😕

Just because your phone has NTFS support doesnt make you correct, android source doesnt have NTFS in it. Not to mention you edited your post to make yourself "not wrong". 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Just because your phone has NTFS support doesnt make you correct, android source doesnt have NTFS in it. Not to mention you edited your post to make yourself "not wrong". 

well even if i didnt edit my post why would i be talking about other peoples android phones in a troubleshooting post about my own?

Either way, the drive being NTFS is not the issue.

2 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

well even if i didnt edit my post why would i be talking about other peoples android phones in a troubleshooting post about my own?

Either way, the drive being NTFS is not the issue.

Had the same issue on my samsung phone. Never worked with any ntfs drives. Always worked with all fat32/exfat drives. Consider it.