Transfering games from old to new pc

Aslam ashraf
Go to solution Solved by Aslam ashraf,
On 9/16/2021 at 4:34 AM, Bobbyman5506 said:

Hi! Yes, your new hard drive will work. My only worry is that you may not have the proper connectors just so long as your new computer has the proper connectors inside, you said your last pc was old, so it may be using an older connection, there's no way for me to know without further information, but a general rule is if it was made in the last 5-7 years you SHOULD be fine.

Hi! Thanks for the help about the connection you mean sata cables etc? My old pc was dell optiplex 390,so it will work right if i just swap pc 

Can someone please help.

I have a pc with many games installed and its a little bit old pc so i build a new one and if i use the hard disk that i installed all the games(no windows) and use it in my new pc,. Can i play the games or should i download all the games again

Hi! Yes, your new hard drive will work. My only worry is that you may not have the proper connectors just so long as your new computer has the proper connectors inside, you said your last pc was old, so it may be using an older connection, there's no way for me to know without further information, but a general rule is if it was made in the last 5-7 years you SHOULD be fine.

3 hours ago, Aslam ashraf said:

Can someone please help.

I have a pc with many games installed and its a little bit old pc so i build a new one and if i use the hard disk that i installed all the games(no windows) and use it in my new pc,. Can i play the games or should i download all the games again

It depends on how you installed them. Steam makes it easy to move hdd and games without re-downloading, epic is a pain in the ass. Stand alone games with no launcher are on a per game basis. Some work, some dont. 

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/16/2021 at 4:34 AM, Bobbyman5506 said:

Hi! Thanks for the help about the connection you mean sata cables etc? My old pc was dell optiplex 390,so it will work right if i just swap pc