Windows Goes Into Temporary "PROFILE" (Persistent Issue)

Awk_WarD

Hi, so at work we have a persistent issue with PCs logging into temporary accounts constantly, to a point some PCs are expected to run 24/7 because it's guaranteed that they'll got into a temporary account on login. Every google session keeps on giving me the solution to the problem (the registry fix and copy-over of account data), which works at most for the next few boot-ups. after which the issue returns again. It would be a simple solution to reinstall windows when the issue starts to occur, but due to certain circumstances that is currently not possible. Has anyone come across this persistent issue and found a solution for it? The PCs are on a domain and I'm not sure if it's that or the some updates. Also most updates had to be halted because some of the PCs have to stay on 24/7. I'm not in IT, i just hate dealing with the issue and would like a way to stop it from recurring.

You should probably work with your company IT to resolve. There may be other things going on in the background your aren't aware of.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

is it temporary account or profile?. often mixed, and due to connectivity issues. temporary account would most likely be due to corrupted account information on the local pc. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:33 PM, Robchil said:

is it temporary account or profile?. often mixed, and due to connectivity issues. temporary account would most likely be due to corrupted account information on the local pc. 

Sorry I wasn't clear, it's a temporary profile. I can login with my account but my data is in C:\Users\account-name and I am currently using the C:\Users\TEMP.001 or what ever it is for my AppData, settings and other data connected to the account.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:24 PM, RAS_3885 said:

You should probably work with your company IT to resolve. There may be other things going on in the background your aren't aware of.

I'm friends with the IT department; we are two sides of the same coin, as I am a technician at my company. They seem not to have any idea what's going on either. This problem has already persisted for more than a year. Also, recently out main IT guy quit, and the replacement isn't up to date yet, thus me trying to find a way to fix this myself.

• 3 weeks later...

do you have roaming profiles? . sounds like it's an rights issue to create a new permanent profile.