Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best way to transport Graphics Card (Asus tuf 3080 OC) during a move without the original box

So I got my Asus tuf 3080 OC from a prebuilt and I do not have the original box or antistatic bag it came in. I will be moving ~5 hours away from where I currently am, and plan to take the 3080 out of the computer to avoid potential damage during the move (it will be in my car). Since I do not have the original packaging, I was wondering what suggestions you all might have for what to pack it in. Order an antistatic bag and wrap the thing in bubble wrap and put it in a box? I tried finding an Asus tuf 3080 box online but haven't found anything. Thanks!

40 minutes ago, Kevinjr12 said:

So I got my Asus tuf 3080 OC from a prebuilt and I do not have the original box or antistatic bag it came in. I will be moving ~5 hours away from where I currently am, and plan to take the 3080 out of the computer to avoid potential damage during the move (it will be in my car). Since I do not have the original packaging, I was wondering what suggestions you all might have for what to pack it in. Order an antistatic bag and wrap the thing in bubble wrap and put it in a box? I tried finding an Asus tuf 3080 box online but haven't found anything. Thanks!

You're overthinking it. Just wrap it in a dry towel or papertowel and and then stick it in a box and fill the void space with something that doesn't generate static (eg no polyester fabric)

All the anti-static bag is for is the "anti-static" property alone, if you're not shipping it unaccompanied, you can keep it away from static yourself.

If possible always put inside an anti-static bag, other that you can use any box bigger than the card, then use something soft to keep it in place inside. If you don't have an anti-static bag then just wrap the card in a layer of bubble wrap instead, personally never had a card die in bubble wrap, but an anti-static bag is always my first choice.

Remember to just keep the anti-static bag next time 👍

My computers get a seatbelt in the back seat with a towel over them and that is it.  I am not UPS so I won't be tossing it around.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800X| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 ti XC3 ULTRA | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Cooler Master H500P Mesh White | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: SilverStone PF360-ARGB AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z390 Ultra | RAM: Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 ti  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Cooler Master H500 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Crucial P2 1TB  | SSD#2: Samsung 860 QVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 49" NanoCell 85