Why is my CPU clock speed spiking to insane and hopefully wrong numbers? Like I mean between 13k to 30k MHZ...

I just installed a new CPU cooler on my 5800x. Now whenever I just move the mouse around of play video on Youtube, the clock speed jumps wildly everywhere from the regular 3700ish MHZ to 26k to 19k, downt to 6k, up to 28k. I don't know how that could even be possible but it's causing everything on the screen to lag like crazy and be really choppy. The only thing I can think of that's different as far as wiring is that I now have essentially 5 fans plugged in with a bunch of splitters into the CPU cooler plug in. I'm sure you're wondering why because that sounds ridiculous but it's because this is an ITX build in a Node 202 case and I added 3 40mm fans to exhaust up top since the case has horrible exhaust. Anyways, I don't know if having to many fans plugged into one connector can cause this to happen but it's the only thing I have right now to try so I'll start there. 

Any other ideas or advice to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated

Crazy Clocks.png

I'm going to guess it's just that "Aorus System Information Viewer" is shit. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Try Cpu-Z or Hardwareinfo 64.

5800X3D -30 CO | 7900 XT | 2x32Gb Vengeance @ 3600 | MSI X470 | Sabrent Rocket 512 | 2x1Tb Vulcan T-Force | Seasonic Focus GX-750 Gold

Dell S3220DGF - curved 32" 1440p 165Hz

"5 fans plugged in with a bunch of splitters into the CPU cooler plug in"  Don't do that, only plug the CPU cooler into that header.

5800X3D -30 CO | 7900 XT | 2x32Gb Vengeance @ 3600 | MSI X470 | Sabrent Rocket 512 | 2x1Tb Vulcan T-Force | Seasonic Focus GX-750 Gold

Because aorus system viewer is wrong. If your CPU is running at 30000mhz, contact guinness, you just beat the wr by a factor of 3

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Oh I won't pretend Aorus Information viewer is any good. I use Afterburner primarily for monitoring. Aorus is only there for fan speed control. But either way, that program isn't what was causing the clock speeds to jump around and go crazy and cause lag and all that shit. I unplugged the 3 extra fans and that seem to have done the trick. I'm probably going to have to just add a fan controller in there somewhere

5 minutes ago, TheGuyThatKnows said:

Oh I won't pretend Aorus Information viewer is any good. I use Afterburner primarily for monitoring. Aorus is only there for fan speed control. But either way, that program isn't what was causing the clock speeds to jump around and go crazy and cause lag and all that shit. I unplugged the 3 extra fans and that seem to have done the trick. I'm probably going to have to just add a fan controller in there somewhere

Good to hear!

10 minutes ago, TheGuyThatKnows said:

Honestly just set the curve in the BIOS. It runs on boot, and you dont need to use the shithouse that is Gigabyte software.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

The only thing you should plug into the CPU fan header is the CPU fan.  Period, nothing more, nothing less.  You're really asking for problems when you overdrive the CPU fan header.  It's pulling way too much current from the PSU.

34 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

The only thing you should plug into the CPU fan header is the CPU fan.  Period, nothing more, nothing less.  You're really asking for problems when you overdrive the CPU fan header.  It's pulling way too much current from the PSU.

Yeah it was a pretty silly thing to do in retrospect. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have done any permanent damage. Getting the cooler to fit in the case and in the on the mobo was such a pain in the ass that by the time I got around to plugging everything back in I must not have been thinking clearly. I had to take the M.2 and VRM heatsink off and grind almost 2mm off one side of it to get the bottom fan of the cooler to fit and then had to take off the filter and shave a bunch of the filter mount plastic away from the top of the case to get the clearance for the top fan. Then I had to glue on a some spacers to the top of the fan because the fan blade was rubbing on the case. So yeah lol While I'm comfortable and happy to do those mods, it was still a pain in the ass