Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I tried to install windows from USB but my laptop would not read my USB in the BIOS.

 

\

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Delete the partitions? Install another OS?

pop OS wont let me

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Uriahreacts2 said:

I tried to install windows from USB but my laptop would not read my USB in the BIOS.

 

\

 

How did you create the bootable usb? Did you plug it into your motherboard or front panel?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

How did you create the bootable USB? Did you plug it into your motherboard or front panel?

I tried that it still did not work I am 13

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Uriahreacts2 said:

I tried that it still did not work I am 13

How did you create your windows usb

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Uriahreacts2 said:

I tried to install windows from USB but my laptop would not read my USB in the BIOS.

 

\

 

How exactly did you make that USB? Just copy the Windows ISO onto the drive, use Popsicle (Pop_OS!'s build in USB etcher), the Microsoft utility for making a Windows ISO on another laptop, or something else? 

If you just downloaded the Windows ISO, where did you download it from?

What are the specs of the computer (or laptop model) that you're using?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

How did you create your windows USB

I use Popsicle to make my usb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

How exactly did you make that USB? Just copy the Windows ISO onto the drive, use Popsicle (Pop_OS!'s build in USB etcher), the Microsoft utility for making a Windows ISO on another laptop, or something else? 

If you just downloaded the Windows ISO, where did you download it from?

What are the specs of the computer (or laptop model) that you're using?

I got my iso from get my os it was Windows 1507

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uriahreacts2 said:

I got my iso from get my os

That doesn't answer my question. Where did you actually download the Windows ISO? Did you find a way to download it directly from Microsoft without going through the media creation tool? Did you find some other website that was hosting downloads for it, if so which one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That doesn't answer my question. Where did you actually download the Windows ISO? Did you find a way to download it directly from Microsoft without going through the media creation tool? Did you find some other website that was hosting downloads for it, if so which one? 

I looked up windows 1507 ISO on the internet and fount get my OS and I used popscile to flash it on to a Usb

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uriahreacts2 said:

I looked up windows 1507 ISO on the internet and fount get my OS and I used popscile to flash it on to a Usb

Can you link the exact site you used?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Uriahreacts2 said:

Oh no..

 

Please, use the official tool from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

 

Use a different computer running windows, run that tool with the USB stick you intend to use (at least 8GB) and it'll put a legitimate copy of Windows 10 on your USB stick. You can then use that to wipe the drive on your PC and install Windows 10 fresh.

5800x/3090

Link to post
Share on other sites

Install WoeUSB -> https://github.com/WoeUSB/WoeUSB-frontend-wxgtk

  • For PopOS you can utilize a Ubuntu PPA to install it
    • Open a Terminal
      • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8

      • sudo apt-get update

      • sudo apt install woeusb

Download Windows 10 from Microsoft's Website, if your on Linux it will offer a ISO -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Open WoeUSB, add the Windows ISO Image, set the Filesystem type to NTFS, then write to USB.

 

Windows ISO images are special because of how Microsoft Packs them, as a result you need Image Writing Software that is compatible with it.

It also needs to be written to a NTFS Filesystem due to size limitations.

 

Your available options are WoeUSB on Linux and Microsoft's Download Tool on Windows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×