I am out of ideas, and I don't know where to look.

So I've gone down this 3 hour rabbit hole and now at my wits end. So let me start at the beginning... I decided I wanted to set up a vpn, I created a nord account. Then I set off to get it working on my PC, I saw that you can make your router run off of the vpn-- so that became my plan. "can not resolve host name" well asus says it's free and maybe I need to brute force the host name. *20 purposeful tries and another 30 random bs, still nothing. Ok I'll use google and buy a domain of them, easy. After spending the $12 I think I can now use sites.google.com to host my website that I made for shits and giggles. Nope... Ok I'll try google cloud, *set up 90 day free trial* ok now I can do the website thing? No... now I have to figure out which service and how to do such, some of them need to go to a different website and create an account there. "Ok maybe I'll try AWS" oh... I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Anyway, wanted to share. Now I'm down 40 dollars and all I have to show for it is a special email YAY! a good use of time. now time for me to figure out how to do the vpn thing normal. 

5 minutes ago, Conlucas said:

maybe I need to brute force the host name

lol.

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do. You havent given us anything to go by other than you "bruteforced the hostname" and you got a "asus" router.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do. You havent given us anything to go by other than you "bruteforced the hostname" and you got a "asus" router.

Since that was already stated.

If you only want a VPN connection to lets say access your home network from the go you could also buy a raspberry pi hoo it up in your home network and install openvpn there. That way you don't have to pay anything monthly and your traffic "stays" in your home network rather than being directed to a VPS provider first.

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

Just now, SEAL62 said:

Since that was already stated.

If you only want a VPN connection to lets say access your home network from the go you could also buy a raspberry pi hoo it up in your home network and install openvpn there. That way you don't have to pay anything monthly and your traffic "stays" in your home network rather than being directed to a VPS provider first.

That assumes OP has a non CGNAT network (because it will require port forwarding) and is willing to host the vpn in their local network.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

That assumes OP has a non CGNAT network (because it will require port forwarding) 

He could use some paid portmapper services that resolve this issue.

and is willing to host the vpn in their local network.

agree

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

2 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

He could use some paid portmapper services that resolve this issue.

That is also a VPN. Running a VPN behind a VPN is not worth paying for.  Anyways, you do you. Hosting your VPN on a VPS, gets you a different internet exit point and also does not rely on a residential ISP with mediocre connection speed, your power company or your networking setup. I will happily continue to pay $1 a month for my VPS instead of hosting my VPN server locally.