Note 9 broken screen

ShayOh

Hi!
So i got a Note 9 (Thank you, Linus) and love it. but for the past year my screen had damage to it where there is a dead spot at the edge of the screen and it cases the lower part of the screen to flicker in green whenever the brightness is set below a certain brightness level, i've been managing it for months now but i think it is getting worse and i am really getting tired of it flickering sometimes in the middle of the night if the screen lights up from a message.

i checked prices to replace the screen and they go between $200-$300 which is nearly as much as i paid for it almost 2 years ago.
in that case i thought of upgrading to a different phone, i do regret getting such a big phone as the note 9 since i dropped it many times in that two year period because of the width of the phone/size of the screen, so i would prefer a narrower phone even if the screen will be smaller.

i am not much of a content consumer, i don't watch shows or movies on it, i am mostly on social media for my business and watching SOME YouTube.

any recommendations?

Thanks.

Going from flagship to a moderate phone will suck, but You might like it, things You can do:

- buying used screen grade B-/C+ which there will be scratches and could have burn-in.(cheaper then new one)

- buying new or used flagship like S21, S10 (which both are narrower)

- buying new or used midrange phone like A52

Someone else might give You chinese phone recommendation(xiaomi and its subbrands, oneplus etc.) with different U.I than Samsung has.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:57 PM, NotFakeName said:

Going from flagship to a moderate phone will suck, but You might like it, things You can do:

- buying used screen grade B-/C+ which there will be scratches and could have burn-in.(cheaper then new one)

- buying new or used flagship like S21, S10 (which both are narrower)

- buying new or used midrange phone like A52

Someone else might give You chinese phone recommendation(xiaomi and its subbrands, oneplus etc.) with different U.I than Samsung has.

i was extremely surprised i saw the S10e was around $150-200 on Ebay. far cheaper then fixing my phone screen and for probably better phone. as far as my research it is almost as good as the flagship s10. so seems like the best solution.

I have a galaxy a12. 6.5 inch screen, good sound quality and a 5000mah battery and isnt a thousand dollars like a galaxy s-series phone.