Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Entry level tourist camera

Hi everyone, I've been looking to get an entry level camera for when I travel for quite some time now and I'm just extremely confused by all of the options, my two choices came down to an Olympus mark IIIs or a Canon 250D with ef-s 18-55mm is stm kit (although from what I could understand it's basically the same camera as the 2000d but without stuff like touchscreen) 

There's so many other options to choose from and km really lost, ideally I'd like to stay in the 600/700 euros price range. 

I'd use this camera mainly for traveling but I don't really mind a bulky body (I actually kinda like more bulky handling), from what I could understand mirror less are the "future" but I really like the idea of way longer battery life that reflex offers, as I wouldn't want to carry around batteries and stuff when I'm visiting a place and I probably will be focusing much more on stills than on videos. 

I'd really appreciate any tips because I'm really lost in all these options, thanks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Erundil said:

it's basically the same camera as the 2000d but without stuff like touchscreen) 

The 250d is a good amount newer and better than the 2000d. Much newer processor + af system.Id stay away from the 2000d and simmilar and get a used model if you want cheaper.

 

How much do you care about size? Thats the big difference. If your carying it around all day, Id get the smaller mirrorless to save the weight and size. Battery should last a day under light usage, and batteries are cheap and small. I can carry one in a pocket easily.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

The 250d is a good amount newer and better than the 2000d. Much newer processor + af system.Id stay away from the 2000d and simmilar and get a used model if you want cheaper.

 

How much do you care about size? Thats the big difference. If your carying it around all day, Id get the smaller mirrorless to save the weight and size. Battery should last a day under light usage, and batteries are cheap and small. I can carry one in a pocket easily.

 

 

Tbh I don't think I care too much about size, I wouldn't mind something the size of a 250D, I actually kinda dig the bulkier models, which mirror less would you suggest? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Erundil said:

Tbh I don't think I care too much about size, I wouldn't mind something the size of a 250D, I actually kinda dig the bulkier models, which mirror less would you suggest? 

250d isn't a bad option here if you don't mind a bit bigger. 

 

Can you go to a camera store and get a feel for these lenses?

 

Really all the cameras will work fine here, and will about the same for your use. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

250d isn't a bad option here if you don't mind a bit bigger. 

 

Can you go to a camera store and get a feel for these lenses?

 

Really all the cameras will work fine here, and will about the same for your use. 

Gotcha, yeah this weekend I was planning on going to some tech stores and try some of the cameras that they have to get a feel for them

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Erundil said:

Gotcha, yeah this weekend I was planning on going to some tech stores and try some of the cameras that they have to get a feel for them

Good move. French it comes dow to what you feel most comfortable using. Ergonomics may suit one person and not another. I’ve been shooting Canon for so long now that other brands feel alien. Muscle memory has kicked in and it is not easy to re-learn, especially in the heat of the action. 
 

Also looks at some of the bridge cameras. While they don’t have interchangeable lenses their range is often good. Some, not all, have really good battery life and are up to the task. I would also say that mirrorless at the cheaper end are often quite lacking. The EVF is often poor, lag is more noticeable. So it really does depend  the subjects you shoot as to their suitability for your needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×