Premiere Pro or Kdenlive, Which is Easier?

AnirbanG007

I'm a beginner to intermediate user of Premiere Pro, like I can edit a basic vlog or scripted video with multicam sequence, basic motion graphics, a few transitions here and there...

I want to learn Kdenlive too, so as to reduce my dependence on Adobe as well as Windows. Not putting all my eggs in the same basket. Considering the fact that I'm kind of a beginner in both, (I've started kdenlive basics), which one would be easier to learn? So that I can up my editing skills first, and then learn how to do the same things in the other software.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Id give resolve a shot if you want many of the features of premiere on linux. It just works much better than kdenlive for me, and kdenlive just never works as well for me.

Thanks for the reply. But i have a dinky old laptop. I've heard things about Resolve coming to a halt if there's no powerful gpu, my gpu being an igpu from 5 years ago, and also that you have to convert files to dnx something, which are very large... Could you expand on these for me please?

3 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Thanks for the reply. But i have a dinky old laptop. I've heard things about Resolve coming to a halt if there's no powerful gpu, my gpu being an igpu from 5 years ago, and also that you have to convert files to dnx something, which are very large... Could you expand on these for me please?

Just give it a try, Its free so no reason not to try.

You can edit most h.264/h.265 in resolve, but Id probably suggest creating proxies/transcoding to prores or dnxhr with all editors if you have performance issues.

19 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Just give it a try, Its free so no reason not to try.

You can edit most h.264/h.265 in resolve, but Id probably suggest creating proxies/transcoding to prores or dnxhr with all editors if you have performance issues.

Okay, I sure will give it a try. Thanks for taking the time to answer my queries.