I Need Help Picking PC Parts. PT 2

TechWizkid

Budget (including currency): $1200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: videoediting, gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Are all of these parts compatible, and will it fit in this case:Amazon.com: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 Micro-ATX Tower with Front Mesh Ventilation, Minimal Design, Tempered Glass Side Panel and Single Headset Jack : Everything Else?

Screenshot 2021-09-12 160349.png

I would recommend the Lian Li LANCOOL 205M case instead. See if your local MicroCenter has that. Also you can get the 500GB of that m.2 nvme ssd for only $4 more at MicroCenter.

Which one are you going to? I might be able to find better selections for you.

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1660s is a slow card. Try to get at least 6600xt as that is already +50% improvement over 1660s in games.

205M has pretty much no airflow with the closed front panel. 205 mesh is great.

3 hours ago, GeorgeMKane said:

I would recommend the Lian Li LANCOOL 205M case instead. See if your local MicroCenter has that. Also you can get the 500GB of that m.2 nvme ssd for only $4 more at MicroCenter.

Which one are you going to? I might be able to find better selections for you.

im four hours from the closet one, thats the Houston store, also i have three hard drives to install in it dont need a 500gb.

1 hour ago, Jeppes said:

1660s is a slow card. Try to get at least 6600xt as that is already +50% improvement over 1660s in games.

205M has pretty much no airflow with the closed front panel. 205 mesh is great.

microcenter is being a asshole, all i see is 1660 and 1650s

5 minutes ago, TechWizkid said:

Wait... Are you already there buying everything, or is that what you see on the website? The website is going to differ from actual in store stock... plus gpu's go fast. 😕

I'm not relying on the website for gpu information, but I would recommend going with this setup instead. Easily a better cpu & motherboard combo. If you need wi-fi, when you get to the store you can see what they have. Either a motherboard with integrated wi-fi and bluetooth capabilities, or a decent wi-fi PCIe card.

Revised MicroCenter List

On 9/12/2021 at 8:18 PM, GeorgeMKane said:

Wait... Are you already there buying everything, or is that what you see on the website? The website is going to differ from actual in store stock... plus gpu's go fast. 😕

im on the web site, i dont have the money for the pc, i need to finalize on the parts then save and then build it. also what is the best GPU for price to performance?

On 9/12/2021 at 9:12 PM, TechWizkid said:

Not entirely sure how it's Micro Center's fault that everyone wants a GPU right now, but I suppose people will find an excuse to blame anyone these days, lol.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:47 PM, TechWizkid said:

im on the web site, i dont have the money for the pc, i need to finalize on the parts then save and then build it. also what is the best GPU for price to performance?

If you don't have the money to buy the parts now, anything you try to finalize will be irrelevant as it's extremely unlikely anything will remain in-stock long enough for you to be able to purchase it. Your best bet is to aim for a specific price goal, save to that value, then go in and buy the best that you can get with that money.

Also keep in mind that Intel's 12th gen CPU's are launching soon, so that might change the prices of the older generation processors which may save you some money by the time you can afford the full build.

It might also be worth looking into buying a cheap pre-built with the platform specs you are looking for and simply upgrading the GPU (or vice versa, finding one with the GPU you want and swapping the components that can be readily found).

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 11:41 AM, MageTank said:

Not entirely sure how it's Micro Center's fault that everyone wants a GPU right now, but I suppose people will find an excuse to blame anyone these days, lol.

If you don't have the money to buy the parts now, anything you try to finalize will be irrelevant as it's extremely unlikely anything will remain in-stock long enough for you to be able to purchase it. Your best bet is to aim for a specific price goal, save to that value, then go in and buy the best that you can get with that money.

Also keep in mind that Intel's 12th gen CPU's are launching soon, so that might change the prices of the older generation processors which may save you some money by the time you can afford the full build.

It might also be worth looking into buying a cheap pre-built with the platform specs you are looking for and simply upgrading the GPU (or vice versa, finding one with the GPU you want and swapping the components that can be readily found).

thanks for the help, i dont want to deal with a prebuilt PC id rather build my own. also its not that they arent in stock, they only had 1660s at the time that was even showing up.