I need YOUR opinion and recommendations for my White PC part list!

Hello the PC community!

I'm looking to build a White gaming pc, that hopefully can run minecraft with shaders. Hopefully.

Jokes aside, I expect to play a lot of games on this pc. Since my hand-my-down old Dell laptop is starting to show its age, I want to build a white gaming rig.

I have done very extensive research, and I created this part list:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NLwb7X

CPU: Intel Core i7-11700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($393.95 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z590-A GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($311.48 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($181.03 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.95 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.95 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB STRIX OC Video Card  ($1161.62) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Strix 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($189.99 @ ASUS) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.88 @ Other World Computing) 
Total: $2972.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-12

I am confident that this build will be amazing, but before I buy it and build it, I need your opinion and recommendations on it. Just to make sure, because this is my first PC build.

Notes: I am waiting for Intel 12th Generation, so the i7 is just for context and I will maybe change the parts because my budget is, well, less than 2972.82$.

Thanks in advance!

horrible in terms of value here tbh

5950x will easily fit your budget

Lmao 3070 for this budget

Heavily underpowered for this budget

Heres what i think you should go for

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rHrgVc

Easily annihilates that 11700k, and you dont even need to do any overclocking, not to mention theres ~1600$ for the gpu so maybe a 3080ti

This pcpartpicker emphasises good value so its not fully white but most of the visible parts are white, if you want full white then ill see what i can do

I would not recommend a Corsair 5000 case unless the CPU and the GPU are water cooled.

I have a Corsair 5000D with 3 SP120 RGB Elite fans in front. 

Since the case is so deep to accommodate a side radiator with fans it puts the front fans too far away to put air over the GPU. 

My MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 ti was in one for a while and it was hitting 80c stock. Putting it a lian li o11 dynamic dropped the temps about 10c.

I also would not put HDDs in the system. Windows checks disks so it runs as slow as your slowest drives. 

I just built a i9 10900kf computer because I am not waiting for 12th gen. It will need Windows 11 and I am not planning on using that until 2023. Win 10 was a compactivity nightmare for me for about a year so I will give it a year for this one. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

horrible in terms of value here tbh

5950x will easily fit your budget

Lmao 3070 for this budget

Heavily underpowered for this budget

Heres what i think you should go for

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rHrgVc

Easily annihilates that 11700k, and you dont even need to do any overclocking, not to mention theres ~1600$ for the gpu so maybe a 3080ti

This pcpartpicker emphasises good value so its not fully white but most of the visible parts are white, if you want full white then ill see what i can do

I would like it fully white

Thanks everyone for their opinion

Also, I would like a white mobo with wifi built in. I dont have access to ethernet, so that is a must-have.

Edited by mrcatmouse
forgot to put in the wifi sentence.

I would recommend going AMD & B550. You can still get a white motherboard, but definitely add another case fan and maybe go for the 4000X RGB case instead.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/G8qnbh

Alternatively, go with a non-white motherboard and get more storage. (look at the price difference) To be fair, you wouldn't see the white in the motherboard much. Where do you plan to put this computer? Next to you, on the desk? On the ground?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PwJ9Vc

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

14 hours ago, mrcatmouse said:

I would like it fully white

Thanks everyone for their opinion

Also, I would like a white mobo with wifi built in. I dont have access to ethernet, so that is a must-have.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nVynbh

Downgraded the cooler board and psu cause there were no decent value white parts

Obv the psu is wayyy overpriced for being an 850w unit

The cooler is abit weaker than the phantom

And the board is kinda crap but i dont expect any ocing so i dont think theres any noticable performance hit, though you may want more i/o so thats when the cheap board will be crappy