AVR vs Surge Protector for my computer

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 hour ago, 17030644 said:

Specs:

PSU: XPG Pylon 450W

Input Voltage: 125ish VAC single-phase

in my understanding, AVR corrects the entire AC waveform, while Surge Protector only suppresses surges. I don't know what makes the most sense here in Mexico.

Thanks

AVR bucks low mains voltages and boosts low voltages.  Useless unless you're experiencing brown outs so severe that the (incandescent) lights in your house flicker and "brown out" (hence the term "brown out")

Specs:

in my understanding, AVR corrects the entire AC waveform, while Surge Protector only suppresses surges. I don't know what makes the most sense here in Mexico.

Thanks

1 hour ago, 17030644 said:

Specs:

Thanks

AVR bucks low mains voltages and boosts low voltages.  Useless unless you're experiencing brown outs so severe that the (incandescent) lights in your house flicker and "brown out" (hence the term "brown out")

31 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

excellent, I was expecting an answer from you or any of the members from johnnyguru, thanks.

32 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

by the way, how many joules of protection is OK?