The Ruthless Economy PC? Nope Redneck Computer [Leaf Blower Cooler]

Redneck PC

So given the current chip shortage, I have decided to spend ~250 to upgrade a Dell Optiplex 3020 I found on Facebook for a few bucks. I will not go into detail about the build, but the original parts were pretty messed up. I had a cooling problem when I found out that the Dell would not support four core processors, and my friend was making fun of me for having cooling trouble. So, then I came up with the 2-Stroke Redneck PC Cooler.

As you see, I have connected a two-stroke Husqvarna leaf blower to the intake fan of the Dell. The current videos are short as the smell of 2-stroke gas (with a mix of oil) fills my room. I saw Linus do a The Ruthless Economy PC and 500 budget PC build, but I would like to see the Redneck PC. A build where he goes full out on a build that would resemble the Canadian Redneck (Nova Scotian here). So here is my East Coast Redneck PC. I challenge the Westcoast boy to beat me! Bring on the Canadian Beaver PC with Liquid cooled maple syrup.

Yes, I have a Mac. Yes, I know Apple suck d***. Yes, I will not ever buy another apple product until they support the right-to-repair and supply third party repair companies with parts.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/4XiFx1IEPFI?list=PLcv_ZQuGydJhKPn-_ejRQF5LZU3wWyrh2

Video 2: https://youtu.be/2gASIB_xR6g?list=PLcv_ZQuGydJhKPn-_ejRQF5LZU3wWyrh2

20210911_162506.jpg

20210911_162514(0).jpg

Effective cooling solution.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

8 minutes ago, Redneck PC said:

As you see, I have connected a two-stroke Husqvarna leaf blower to the intake fan of the Dell.

honestly I just hope that window is open to vent the exhaust fumes and that you have noice cancelling headphones

RAM 32 GB of Corsair DDR4 3200Mhz            MOTHERBOARD ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
CPU Ryzen 9 5950X             GPU dual r9 290's        COOLING custom water loop using EKWB blocks
STORAGE samsung 970 EVo plus 2Tb Nvme, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB, WD Red 1TB,  Seagate 4 TB and Seagate Exos X18 18TB

Psu Corsair AX1200i
MICROPHONE RODE NT1-A          HEADPHONES Massdrop & Sennheiser HD6xx
MIXER inkel mx-1100   peripherals Corsair k-95 (the og 18G keys one)  and a Corsair scimitar

9 minutes ago, StephanTW said:

honestly I just hope that window is open to vent the exhaust fumes and that you have noice cancelling headphones

No exhaust vent. The plan is when my CO2 alarm goes off I'll put in my window fan. I need to keep the fumes in my room so they can reburned in the motor to improve cooling performance for when I play Runescape. Like a turbo. 

1 minute ago, Redneck PC said:

No exhaust vent. The plan is when my CO2 alarm goes off I'll put in my window fan. I need to keep the fumes in my room so they can be returned to improve cooling performance for when I play Runescape. Like a turbo. 

ok now i atleast know your trolling, fun little skit tho.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

19 minutes ago, Redneck PC said:

I had a cooling problem when I found out that the Dell would not support four core processors, and my friend was making fun of me for having cooling trouble.

Did you properly mount the cooler with thermal paste? That OptiPlex most certainly supports quad core CPUs. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

1 minute ago, MultiGamerClub said:

ok now i atleast know your trolling, fun little skit tho.

I'm only joking about the Turbo/reburning exhaust fumes. I did not vent the fumes, given I do have a carbon detector in my room, so I ran the leaf blower until the alarm went off (it did not). I did test the alarm before firing the blower up as I wanted to keep the windows shut so the noise would not go outside. I did not want to explain to the neighbors why I was running a leaf blower in my bedroom. The problem is I can't vent the fumes outside as there is nothing to hook a pipe on, and the blower sucks in air right by the exhaust. So most of the fumes had just been blown into my dell. 

20210911_182435.jpg

9 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

That seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Did you properly mount the cooler with thermal paste? That OptiPlex most certainly supports quad core CPUs. 

Yes,  I used some Arctic silver I had laying around. I had to order a new heatsink fan assembly & shroud as it was missing when I bought the dell. It worked fine on a pentium dual core. I will also be using better thermal past then arctic silver when I switch out the heatsink. 

Just now, Redneck PC said:

Yes,  I used some Arctic silver I had laying around. I had to order a new heatsink fan assembly & shroud as it was missing when I bought the dell. It worked fine on a pentium dual core.

And did you buy the right one with the blower fan? If so it shouldn't have a problem with a quad core chip. 

Also, are you actually running that leaf blower indoors? I can't tell if you're being serious or not. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

6 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

And did you buy the right one with the blower fan? If so it shouldn't have a problem with a quad core chip. 

Also, are you actually running that leaf blower indoors? I can't tell if you're being serious or not. 

The guy I bought the computer from had the wrong fan set up. I bought the processor from e-bay and I did not want to buy any more parts until after I tested the CPU. Cooling supplies are on the way and will be arriving in a week. I've never used anything more then a duel core (acer/mac) so I'm not into hard core PC gaming but I would like to play some of the classics like skyrim, rollercoaster tycoon, age of empires, D2 this winter.

Yes, I had it running. Check out the videos.

Also, the CPU only hits ~70+ when I stress test the CPU with CPU-Z. All other normal usage has no issues and minimum fan ramp up but I have not tried gaming yet until I get a graphics card.

are there not electric leaf blowers? i mean its 2021... gas engines will be band in 10 years...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

3 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

are there not electric leaf blowers? i mean its 2021... gas engines will be band in 10 years...

Electric leaf blowers are for sissy gammers. 

1 minute ago, Redneck PC said:

Electric leaf blowers are for sissy gammers. 

to be fare your not going to be gaming on the pc so...whos the gamer now?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

Just now, thrasher_565 said:

to be fare your not going to be gaming on the pc so...whos the gamer now?

It runs the games I want to play just fine. 

Just now, Redneck PC said:

It runs the games I want to play just fine. 

witch is...

https://www.amazon.ca/AC-Infinity-CLOUDLINE-T4-Ventilation/dp/B06ZXWN3BG/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=air+duct&qid=1631414826&sr=8-8

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

So, I was looking at industrial electric coolers last night on Amazon when I started seeing leaf blowers. The reason this one is gas powered is because it's just what I had in the basement. I'm definitely will be using electric fans to cool the machine when they arrive. 

As for games, pretty much classic xp games. D2, Runescape, Rollercoaster tycoon. Nothing that would have been released on the market in the last five years. I've been using a mac for the last several years so anything that can run on a toaster is what I've been playing. So when I'm back working (as I'm a student right now) and the chip price is sorted out I'll be looking for a legit gaming computer. But not when a GTX 1030 is now a the price that a GTX 1650 Super had been when Linus built the 500 dollar AMD gaming PC.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Voice said:

That's a Northern Redneck Cooling Solution...If it was a Southern Redneck Cooling Solution, It would be a car engine.

Wrong - We'd use a bigger fan.
In truth I have a 240CFM 120mm Delta that blows like a leaf blower to the point it can hover off the table and it's dangerous without a guard in place.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

2 minutes ago, Redneck PC said:

So, I was looking at industrial electric coolers last night on Amazon when I started seeing leaf blowers. The reason this one is gas powered is because it's just what I had in the basement. I'm definitely will be using electric fans to cool the machine when they arrive. 

As for games, pretty much classic xp games. D2, Runescape, Rollercoaster tycoon. Nothing that would have been released on the market in the last five years. I've been using a mac for the last several years so anything that can run on a toaster is what I've been playing. So when I'm back working (as I'm a student right now) and the chip price is sorted out I'll be looking for a legit gaming computer. But not when a GTX 1030 is now a the price that a GTX 1650 Super had been when Linus built the 500 dollar AMD gaming PC.

i got it man just playing haha i pay d2 too. old games are way funner then newer games anyway more hard core if you no what i mean.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Wrong - We'd use a bigger fan.
In truth I have a 240CFM 120mm Delta that blows like a leaf blower to the point it can hover off the table and it's dangerous without a guard in place.

240cfm...suck balls

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B093ZJXY52/?coliid=I1VA9QI7GNU6NX&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

So, this video is exactly how I feel about my Redneck PC. 

16 hours ago, Caroline said:

a splitter plugged into a strip that's probably plugged onto another strip is more "redneck" than the leaf blower itself?

OT: why are leaf blowers apparently so popular in north america? are leaves that much of a problem?

The splitter is used so I can plug my mac adapter into the strip as it off sets the plug on the left. 

In the city I find a lot of people would blow the leaves on their drive way/side walk onto the street for the street sweeper to gather up. I just mow over my leaves to return the nutrients into the ground.  I only have a blower given I use to work in contraction and it works good to blow dirt and wood chips out of a building. 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, Redneck PC said:

So given the current chip shortage, I have decided to spend ~250 to upgrade a Dell Optiplex 3020 I found on Facebook for a few bucks. I will not go into detail about the build, but the original parts were pretty messed up. I had a cooling problem when I found out that the Dell would not support four core processors, and my friend was making fun of me for having cooling trouble. So, then I came up with the 2-Stroke Redneck PC Cooler.

As you see, I have connected a two-stroke Husqvarna leaf blower to the intake fan of the Dell. The current videos are short as the smell of 2-stroke gas (with a mix of oil) fills my room. I saw Linus do a The Ruthless Economy PC and 500 budget PC build, but I would like to see the Redneck PC. A build where he goes full out on a build that would resemble the Canadian Redneck (Nova Scotian here). So here is my East Coast Redneck PC. I challenge the Westcoast boy to beat me! Bring on the Canadian Beaver PC with Liquid cooled maple syrup.

Yes, I have a Mac. Yes, I know Apple suck d***. Yes, I will not ever buy another apple product until they support the right-to-repair and supply third party repair companies with parts.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/4XiFx1IEPFI?list=PLcv_ZQuGydJhKPn-_ejRQF5LZU3wWyrh2

Video 2: https://youtu.be/2gASIB_xR6g?list=PLcv_ZQuGydJhKPn-_ejRQF5LZU3wWyrh2

20210911_162506.jpg

20210911_162514(0).jpg

lmao i have an xpower pc duster, makes fans sound like jet engines

On 9/13/2021 at 9:30 PM, Coastqr said:

lmao i have an xpower pc duster, makes fans sound like jet engines

Do you really have a  xpower pc duster, that is connected to your desktop? I noticed when I used the leaf blower I didn't need to worry about dust in my PC

3 hours ago, Redneck PC said:

Do you really have a  xpower pc duster, that is connected to your desktop? I noticed when I used the leaf blower I didn't need to worry about dust in my PC

lol it connects to a power outlet, heres the link to it: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xpower-a-2-airrow-pro-multipurpose-electric-duster-blower-black/6326052.p?skuId=6326052