Yet another fan config question

Seeks-Nom
Go to solution Solved by HanZie82,
4 hours ago, Seeks-Nom said:

Anyone able to comment on the rear exhaust use? Because the cpu has 2 fans and is quite close to the rear anyways i feel rear exhaust may just be arbitrary. Or the cpu coolers exhaust fan might be arbitrary?  Impression i get from the research i have done* ( *youtube videos) is that stacking 2 fans blowing in the same direction doesnt really make sense?????

Nah that rear fan does help tremendously.
It creates a low pressure zone that the CPU fan can blow into, so all that warm air is almost immediately blown out.
Remove that fan and the CPU fan will blow some air out, but since its just normal pressure there a lot of the hot air will collide with the back and be circulated into the PC.

But fluid dynamics are really hard to explain...

Which position?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which position?

• 1 and put the rear in the front

I got a 14mm intake fan on the front and a 12mm exhaust fan currently. I have on hand another 14mm fan that i am thinking of installing but i am not sure where.

Heres a picture of my system currently:

Spoiler

pc.thumb.jpg.8acfb5d433b8f5d30523b370ba7cb9d7.jpg

I feel like it is either 4 ( For possibly more flow to cpu) or 1 but if i do 1 i will probably be removing rear exhaust fan and then i will have a 12mm fan on hand to install somewhere else. ( Which would be 5 i guess?)

The exhaust fan on the picture is the stock 12mm fan and it runs significantly slower than the cpu fans on high load at 950~ RPM so im not sure if it does anything at all.

Im grateful for your replies in advance!

PC specs

ryzen 3600

rx580

msi b450 pro max

2x8gb ram

seasonic focus gx-650

The 2 14mm fans i have are arctic p14 pwm pst and cpu fan is arctic duo freezer 34

Pos 5, and while you are at it, remove the CPU cooler and take out the dust thats on the fins.
Might net you 5C. 😉

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Pos 5, and while you are at it, remove the CPU cooler and take out the dust thats on the fins.
Might net you 5C. 😉

Oh, yeah i did not realize it looked that bad lol. I ordered some thermal pads for my gpu and i am waiting for them to arrive so i can do em all at once 🙂

Anyone able to comment on the rear exhaust use? Because the cpu has 2 fans and is quite close to the rear anyways i feel rear exhaust may just be arbitrary. Or the cpu coolers exhaust fan might be arbitrary?  Impression i get from the research i have done* ( *youtube videos) is that stacking 2 fans blowing in the same direction doesnt really make sense?????

4 hours ago, Seeks-Nom said:

Nah that rear fan does help tremendously.
It creates a low pressure zone that the CPU fan can blow into, so all that warm air is almost immediately blown out.
Remove that fan and the CPU fan will blow some air out, but since its just normal pressure there a lot of the hot air will collide with the back and be circulated into the PC.

But fluid dynamics are really hard to explain...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!