How long should I watch the spray paint dry?

zamalek
Go to solution Solved by aisle9,

Just give it 24 hours. If you don't want to wait 24 hours, you can always tell how wet they are by sniffing them every couple of minutes. After the third or fourth time doing that, you'll wake up in 24 hours, and they'll be done.

And so will your lungs and brain.

Seriously :).

I'm going to be spray painting my mobo heatsinks. The can indicates the following:

• Dries to touch in 30min
  • Handle in 2hr
  • Fully dry in 24hr

I'm obviously looking at installation after 2hr, but how long should I before I attempt the post-paint POST? Thanks!

Just give it 24 hours. If you don't want to wait 24 hours, you can always tell how wet they are by sniffing them every couple of minutes. After the third or fourth time doing that, you'll wake up in 24 hours, and they'll be done.

And so will your lungs and brain.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

They Anodize because it doesn't act as an insulator like paint will.

AMD R9 5900X @ Booost | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3800 14-15-15-35 1.575v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB |1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

Just now, freeagent said:

They Anodize because it doesn't act as an insulator like paint will.

Spray painting temperature concerns are addressed in the FAQ on this forum. Jayztwocents has done a video on it. There is a measurable impact, there is not a concerning impact for an every-day gamer or user.

I am not Kingpin. My VRM is over-provisioned. My temps will be just fine.

I would leave the full 24, or 12 at a minimum. "Handleable" doesn't mean you aren't going to be left with some nasty marring of the surface finish from handling.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop