Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SoT error massage: "Video driver crashed and was reset! make sure your drivers are up to date. Exiting..."

If I play SoT (Sea of Thieves) for around 30min it freezes or crashes with this error massage: "Video driver crashed and was reset!  make sure your drivers are up to date.  Exiting..."

Every time I try a fix with boosting peformance it will crash sooner. I though I fixed the problem by adding another cable to the GPU because it had only one splitted cable but it didn't work.

Also SoT says that my recommended Graphics setting are on rare while nvidia says the lowest: cursed and the resolution on 700p.

Can someone help me with this please?

My specs are:

CPU: 6 core amd fx 6350

GPU: Geforce GTX 680 lightning (probably overclocked by a little)

PSU: Coolermaster 650W 230V MWE

Mobo: Asrock 970 pro3 r2.0

24849112_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.34ebf74e9b49941c1154ad80160a115d.png

Duplicate topic removed.

Start by disabling any overclocking.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

Okay, thank you I will try!

Edit: I'm not sure how... I got the GPU from my uncle and he overclocked it in another pc and I couldn't find anything in the bios about overclocking.

In that case it isn't overclocked because overclocking a GPU is usually done over the VBIOS (that you can't directly access), or (what I think is the most likely) over software like MSI Afterburner. So the GPU is most likely not overclocked and might be about to fail when games say that the video driver crashes. Either it has a faulty driver, or the GPU might be slowly about to die.

"or the GPU might be slowly about to die." 😢 I don't have any more spots in the back yard... I hope it's not it. He was only around 8 years 😭.

But how to I find out if my GPU is dying (I thinks this is the problem because I've reinstalled windows lately and so the driver too and I reInstalled the driver within this new windows install too... And I can't find any overclocking in afterburner ether).

17 minutes ago, Tristan Veldkamp said:

"or the GPU might be slowly about to die." 😢 I don't have any more spots in the back yard... I hope it's not it. He was only around 8 years 😭.

But how to I find out if my GPU is dying (I thinks this is the problem because I've reinstalled windows lately and so the driver too and I reInstalled the driver within this new windows install too... And I can't find any overclocking in afterburner ether).

I think it is dying and you will feel it better soon. I would say order a gpu now.

I can barely even buy a new 400w psu