Netflix is of LOWER quality on Chrome (Windows 10)?

43 minutes ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

Does Netflix play lower quality when played on Chrome (instead of on new Edge)? 

If yes - why

I honestly couldnt make up a difference, but HDR netflix content on windows are still locked behind Edge and its UWP app AFAIK. borked and dont work.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Not on my end. If your computer is low end, netflix runs better on Edge and that will have an impact on video quality.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Netflix is locked on 720p in Chrome afaik. Idk why but that's how it is. Edge and the Windows store app will unlock the highest quality that's available with your subrsciption up to 4K. HDR doesn't work at all on windows.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

37 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

HDR doesn't work at all on windows.

Ah, noted. I thought it was working on Edge only, thanks for the quick claire-ification.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Edge has the codec and DRM that Netflix needs to play in higher resolution and with HDR10 (compatible monitor is required)

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/42384

Your other option is to use the Netflix app found under the Store app.

You of course need the subscription plan with those features to enjoy this. And not all movies have HDR or is available in native 4K (old movies for example)

On 9/13/2021 at 5:56 AM, GoodBytes said:

Edge has the codec and DRM that Netflix needs to play in higher resolution and with HDR10 (compatible monitor is required)

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/42384

Your other option is to use the Netflix app found under the Store app.

You of course need the subscription plan with those features to enjoy this. And not all movies have HDR or is available in native 4K (old movies for example)

thx for this. 

curious - why can't Chrome have these codecs? 

3 hours ago, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

thx for this. 

curious - why can't Chrome have these codecs? 

Simple, Google doesn't want to pay. The ones Netflix uses aren't free.