Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

confusing about motherboard naming

i picked r5 5600g for light gaming and productivity work by for the feature i have plane to expand deticated gpu but now i am now confusing about motherboard name suffiix like asus b550m-a/m-k

Stop expecting model names to mean anything.

Look at the two boards and compare their features and specs.

The M-A has heat sinks on its VRMs, the M-K doesn't. The M-A has Aura Sync lighting, the M-K doesn't. That's probably about it for differences. 

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

32 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Stop expecting model names to mean anything.

Look at the two boards and compare their features and specs.

The M-A has heat sinks on its VRMs, the M-K doesn't. The M-A has Aura Sync lighting, the M-K doesn't. That's probably about it for differences. 

can you give me a link for this kind of suffix details for all brand motherboard for amd chipset

1 minute ago, iap said:

can you give me a link for this kind of suffix details

I just told you the suffixes, and most model names in general, don't mean anything. I determined the differences between the two boards by looking at them and their specifications.

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

how do i select right motherboard over multiple choise 

2 minutes ago, iap said:

how do i select right motherboard over multiple choise 

By determining the features you need, studying the specifications of different models, reading reviews, comparing prices to see if they fit your budget and offer good value, etc. The same way you would choose any other part.