Any advice on a monitor

CraigG

I am considering to purchase either a 43" computer monitor (Samsung or LG) or a 50" Samsung TV. I do not game, I do a lot of music production and need the screen real estate for my work. Is this a good television to use for that purpose, or should just stick with the traditional computer monitor?

Thanks

Craig

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-50-4k-uhd-hdr-qled-tizen-os-smart-tv-qn50q80aafxzc-2021-titan-black/15480700

I see no point in purchasing a QLED smart TV to use as a monitor for music production. The picture benefits of QLED and the "smart" features will be completely wasted. If you wanted to use a TV as your display, surely you could find an equally large one with fewer unnecessary features that's cheaper.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Thank for your insight. It is much appreciated. You bring up some very good points.

For music production you should maybe consider an 34" (LG 34GP83A-B), 38" (LG 38GN950-B) ultrawide or a 49" (Samsung CRG9) super-ultrawide.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Ideally u would want to search for a large TV with a RGB pixel layout ,and while a IPS TV isnt great for movie watching, it would be better for the kind of productive workload ur use case entails as u would have no issue with viewing angles which are present on VA panel TVs.

As such i would advise u look at LG TVs as they use IPS panels predominantly.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/61717

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |