Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Glorious GMMK Pro not working

Chizhek

Hello,

I got my GMMK Pro about 1 month ago just few days before i went on vacation. When i came back home i turn on PC and keyboard was not working(no lights no nothing). After i logged in with on screen keyboard and actually waiting for miracle keyboard turned on on its own without me touching it or anything. Than i tried to scroll on the internet and it was zooming in/out on the current page like CTRL is pressed. I turned off PC changed both CTRL switches and that it worked for 2 days. Today i turned on PC again and keyboard is dead again. Did anyone of you had similar problems? There is no chance that 2 switches are damaged in a period of 1 month. 

Do you have any ideas what can i do about it?

Thanks for your answers

sounds like a faulty board most likely. I am using the GMMK Pro to type this up on with no issues. 

PSU Tier List Thread | Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | EVGA RTX 2080ti | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz | Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  Corsair HX850 PSU | 3x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 32gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Hey there.

45 minutes ago, Chizhek said:

i turn on PC and keyboard was not working(no lights no nothing). After i logged in with on screen keyboard and actually waiting for miracle keyboard turned on on its own without me touching it or anything. Than i tried to scroll on the internet and it was zooming in/out on the current page like CTRL is pressed. I turned off PC changed both CTRL switches and that it worked for 2 days. Today i turned on PC again and keyboard is dead again.

If the keyboard's LEDs / RGB doesn't light up and the keys aren't responsive when the board's connected to the PC, I'm inclined to believe it's a PCB issue.

Just in case, have you ruled out the cable as the cause? Such as connecting the keyboard to the PC with another USB Type-C cable, and testing whether you experience the same issues (LEDs, unresponsive keypresses).

If you've confirmed that the board is faulty (and not the cable), I'd suggest contacting Glorious's customer support next. According to their FAQs, they offer a free replacement within 180 days of purchase, or a replacement with additional shipping charges if it's been past 180 days and the product is still within its warranty period.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

1 minute ago, Eschew said:

Hey there.

If the keyboard's LEDs / RGB doesn't light up and the keys aren't responsive when the board's connected to the PC, I'm inclined to believe it's a PCB issue.

Just in case, have you ruled out the cable as the cause? Such as connecting the keyboard to the PC with another USB Type-C cable, and testing whether you experience the same issues (LEDs, unresponsive keypresses).

If you've confirmed that the board is faulty (and not the cable), I'd suggest contacting Glorious's customer support next. According to their FAQs, they offer a free replacement within 180 days of purchase, or a replacement with additional shipping charges if it's been past 180 days and the product is still within its warranty period.

I tried other PC, other cable and other USB port soo its keyboard for sure. I tried everything i was just wondering if it is maybe some buttons on keyboard or some know issue or something. First time i noticed something may be wrong is when my PC game froze and i pressed ALT plus F4 and it lost connection but it turned back on after few minutes without touching it but i said it is probably due to the PC because i needed to restart it.

3 hours ago, Chizhek said:

I tried everything i was just wondering if it is maybe some buttons on keyboard or some know issue or something.

748540861251321887.png

Hm. Uncertain whether it's a known issue.

If you'd like to try one last thing before declaring your GMMK Pro borked, have you attempted to flash your keyboard to its default or stock firmware?

Mostly going off the possibility that it's the Glorious Core / QMK firmware -- rather than the PCB / hardware -- being the cause.

Mini-Tutorial to Re-Flash Glorious Core to the GMMK Pro

1. Unplug the GMMK Pro from your PC, and disassemble they keyboard until the PCB is accessible. Locate the Reset Button on the back / bottom of the PCB.
  2. Open QMK Toolbox on your PC.
  3. In QMK Toolbox, under Local File, find and open the the (QMK)GMMK _PRO_US_2021_04_07_V0035_DFU_FW.bin file. Leave the MCU (AVR) Only drop-down box as its default value.
  4. Put your GMMK Pro into bootloader mode by holding the Reset Button as you connect the keyboard back to the PC.
    • Alternatively, for the GMMK Pro, you may also enter bootloader mode by holding Spacebar + B as you connect the keyboard back to the PC. However, it might be ineffective if your keyboard's keys aren't responsive.
  5. QMK Toolbox should pop out: STM32 DFU device connected (WinUSB). The GMMK Pro is now in bootloader mode.
  6. In QMK Toolbox, click on the Flash button.
  7. Wait for a few minutes.
  8. When the GMMK Pro has finished being flashed, QMK Toolbox should pop out: STM32 DFU device disconnected (WinUSB). The GMMK Pro should now be flashed with the default / stock Glorious Core.

I'm assuming that (if it's actually the firmware that's the issue), flashing the stock / default Glorious Core back to the GMMK Pro should restore its original functionality (LEDs, keypresses). In the event that flashing doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting Glorious's customer support -- describing your issue and hopefully working out a solution with them.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)