Dual monitor setup help

befor

I have a Sapphire DUAL-X R9 280 3GB that has 1x DP 1.2, 1x Dual-Link DVI-D, 1x Dual-Link DVI-I and 1x HDMI 1.4a. I'm currently running one monitor Benq XL2411Z at 144Hz (Full HD) plugged through DVI-D to DVI-D (only supported option for 144Hz).

I want to buy 27'' monitor MSI Optix G273QF (Quad HD) that has 1x Displayport 1.2 and 1x HDMI 2.0. If I connect this second monitor through DP to DP will it work on 144Hz (or higher? second monitor supports 165Hz). Or simpler question will dual monitor setup work when connected DVI -> DVI and DP -> DP, because thats my only option if I dont want to run one of them on 60 Hz (Benq only supports 144 through DVI, and dont want to deal with display stuttering problem due to different refresh rates).

27 minutes ago, befor said:

I have a Sapphire DUAL-X R9 280 3GB that has 1x DP 1.2, 1x Dual-Link DVI-D, 1x Dual-Link DVI-I and 1x HDMI 1.4a. I'm currently running one monitor Benq XL2411Z at 144Hz (Full HD) plugged through DVI-D to DVI-D (only supported option for 144Hz).

I want to buy 27'' monitor MSI Optix G273QF (Quad HD) that has 1x Displayport 1.2 and 1x HDMI 2.0. If I connect this second monitor through DP to DP will it work on 144Hz (or higher? second monitor supports 165Hz). Or simpler question will dual monitor setup work when connected DVI -> DVI and DP -> DP, because thats my only option if I dont want to run one of them on 60 Hz (Benq only supports 144 through DVI, and dont want to deal with display stuttering problem due to different refresh rates).

You can connect the 1 monitor with DVI, and the other one with DP. You can have the the monitors at different refresh rates, and no tearing should happen, unless you are stretching the game over both of the monitors

It should run it at 144/165 over DP. My 280x runs 1440p LG at 144 and two other monitors at 60.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

40 minutes ago, befor said:

I want to buy 27'' monitor MSI Optix G273QF (Quad HD) that has 1x Displayport 1.2 and 1x HDMI 2.0. If I connect this second monitor through DP to DP will it work on 144Hz

Youll run it at 144Hz easily, DP 1.2 exceeds that specification.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.