Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Logitech G512 GX blue review

I don't normally do these amatuer reviews, but I'm pretty happy with my most recent purchase, so I thought i'd share.

For the past 4 years, i've been using a Logitech G105 for my office computer keyboard. My only complaint with that board, was a sticking left shift key(even after cleaning), other then that it was a perfectly fine, normal keyboard. 

About 6 months ago, I stumbled upon some reviews of mechanical keyboards. Initially, I couldn't tell what all the fuss was about, but I decided to get it a try. I ordered the G512 Carbon directly from Logitech on 8/24 and picked it up from the post office today. I went with the 512 because of the reviews online, the relatively minimalist, not totally gamery appearance(office usage), and the middle of the road price of $100.

Clicky clicky is oh so satisfying to type quickly on, compared to the mush of the G105

Dark minimalism

Lots of RGB if you're into that sort of thing. I just set it to static blue to match my g302 mouse.

USB port

Heft. It feels reassuringly well built and not lightweight.

Dislikes:

Clicky clicky might get annoying to coworkers on quiet days.

USB port isn't the easiest to access in my configuration, and is only 2.0.

I have not found a way to sync the lighting effects between my G512 and G302 in the Logitech software, they have to be done separately, which is a bummer since I like the breathing effect. Having them both breath at slightly different rates looks super dumb.

I think it looks great, feels good, and is satisfying to type on. I'm happy with it.

I may update this review after I play a few games on it, but I can't imagine that would tarnish how I already feel about it.