Is this a good deal?

crakddx

So I found a 1440p 144hz 31.5" monitor foor 250 aud (185 usd) and I was wondering if that was a good deall. The specific monitor is acer xz321qu

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

10 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

So I found a 1440p 144hz 31.5" monitor foor 250 aud (185 usd) and I was wondering if that was a good deall. The specific monitor is acer xz321qu

Honestly yes, atleast compared to prices in Denmark (my country), the price is pretty damn good for what monitor you get (specs and so on). 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1.TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

msrp in aud is 600 :3
the seller is doing if you buy both you get them for 400 total
pog

Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

I took a look at it before: it is quite an old VA panel, but it would probably be better than any 60Hz monitors, at least for light gaming and everyday use.

The price is even in suspicious range - I'd make sure there are no dead pixels or other defects before buying...

I edit my posts more often than not

Few things to keep in mind:

1. The pixel density is very low. It's probably fine for gaming or just media consumption, but productivity is basically out. Text will be a blurry mess, and you'll be able to see every pixel.

2. Curved non-ultrawides are generally a sign of a cheap display. It's possible it was an intentional design decision, but more likely than not, the VA panel is not good enough to have acceptable viewing angles without being curved. This is another good for gaming/media, terrible for productivity thing, as well. If you intend to do any work on this display, you need to keep looking.

3. Verify shipping, if it's not from a local marketplace. Monitors are extremely costly to ship, so the seller may be giving you a "deal" only to charge you almost the same amount over again in shipping costs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

1. The pixel density is very low. It's probably fine for gaming or just media consumption, but productivity is basically out. Text will be a blurry mess, and you'll be able to see every pixel.

It has the same pixel density as a 1080p 24" screen, so i wouldn't say it's a "blurry mess". Not as sharp as 1440p 27" monitors, but perfectly useable, for both gaming and work.

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

2. Curved non-ultrawides are generally a sign of a cheap display. It's possible it was an intentional design decision, but more likely than not, the VA panel is not good enough to have acceptable viewing angles without being curved. This is another good for gaming/media, terrible for productivity thing, as well. If you intend to do any work on this display, you need to keep looking.

It's only 1800R, so a very slight curve. It shouldn't be an issue for most people. 99% of all VA monitors are curved, be it 21:9 or 16:9.

I'm not saying you're technically wrong with your points, but it seems to me you're taking them a little bit out of proportion.

@OP

If it's new or you can at least test it without losing money, then i'd say it's a good deal. But the price looks almost too good to be true, so it likely is. Just be very careful you're not buying a defective unit or something like that.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.