Laptop won't boot with added RAM

mangojul

So i have a laptop with 4gb on one ram slot and 4gb soldered ram, and i was getting rid of dust from my laptop so i remove the "expandable" ram and reinstalled it but now it can't boot unless i remove the 4gb dimm from the slot.

I was just wondering, how do i know if my ram stick is dead or if the slot is dead so i know if i should replace the ram or not?
Thank you.

Inspect the socket for damage. Did you apply excessive force either removing or inserting the RAM?

RAM itself is genereally pretty resilitant. It could also come down to needing a clear CMOS, have a look for some information regarding your specific laptop how to clear the CMOS.  Install the ram, clear it, and see how you go.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7-6700K

-GPU- 

Gigabyte RX 5600XT OC 6GB

-STORAGE- 

1x Western Digital 1TB HDD

1x Samsung M.2 1TB SSD

1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD

-RAM- 

Team Group 2 x 8GB DDR4 2400mHZ

-PSU- 

Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 

-MOBO- 

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

-CASE-

Phanteks P400S Satin Black TG Edition

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech g502 RGB and Blackwidow Elite.

-PART PICKER URL-

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jf9tbj

Have a Nice Day, Give us a Thumbs up if I helped you, Why Not?

19 minutes ago, KillerGamingBro said:

Inspect the socket for damage. Did you apply excessive force either removing or inserting the RAM?

RAM itself is genereally pretty resilitant. It could also come down to needing a clear CMOS, have a look for some information regarding your specific laptop how to clear the CMOS.  Install the ram, clear it, and see how you go.

well i see no visible damage to the socket... no bent pins or anything
and no, i didn't (at least i don't think) i use excessive force when remove & reinstalling the ram

i tried clearing the CMOS by draining battery and holding power button but still got no luck after reinstalling it..