Mixing ram in my new system

Jak3ybOy

Budget (including currency): 200aud

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tarkov

DETAILS- So in my current rig i have 16gb of Gskill DDR4 RipJAWSV F4-3200C16-8GVK and im looking to  buy another 2 8gb stick of the same RAM but the product name is f4-3200C16D-8gvk. I was wondering if that pesky one letter difference will make my life a misery? Have never mixed and matched RAM before so just wondering. Any help would be greatly appreciated, sincerely a young man who is sick of stutters in Tarkov 🙂

I've had to mix RAM like that before, with a hand-me-down build I did for someone else, and the system worked fine. It wasn't even considered a mix and match, because the specs lined up. If the specs line up on the RAM, then you're 100% fine.

EDIT: Are you sure there's no D in the first one? I can't find one without that letter to confirm anything.

Edited by GeorgeMKane

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

8 minutes ago, Jak3ybOy said:

Budget (including currency): 200aud

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Tarkov

DETAILS- So in my current rig i have 16gb of Gskill DDR4 RipJAWSV F4-3200C16-8GVK and im looking to  buy another 2 8gb stick of the same RAM but the product name is f4-3200C16D-8gvk. I was wondering if that pesky one letter difference will make my life a misery? Have never mixed and matched RAM before so just wondering. Any help would be greatly appreciated, sincerely a young man who is sick of stutters in Tarkov 🙂

Unfortunately the answer is maybe it will, maybe it wont.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMKane said:

I've had to mix RAM like that before, with a hand-me-down build I did for someone else, and the system worked fine. It wasn't even considered a mix and match, because the specs lined up. If the specs line up on the RAM, then you're 100% fine.

EDIT: Are you sure there's no D in the first one? I can't find one without that letter to confirm anything.

I'm 90% sure as when i type wmic memorychip get devicelocator, partnumber into command prompt it comes up with the C, when searching online i couldn't find the C part in any current stock but saw on a reddit post somebody asking the same question. 

I have seen really mixed memory's and they where working, So it's not likely they won't work.

If they cause problem, You can most likely run to any hardware store(that also sells used parts) and ask them to swap those memory's for kit. They might do it for free or for + 10-20 USD. (That's okey in my country, Not sure what's situation in your country but it should not be a problem.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 6:05 PM, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I have seen really mixed memory's and they where working, So it's not likely they won't work.

If they cause problem, You can most likely run to any hardware store(that also sells used parts) and ask them to swap those memory's for kit. They might do it for free or for + 10-20 USD. (That's okey in my country, Not sure what's situation in your country but it should not be a problem.)

Thanks mate!