is it possible to import drawings from other softwares (such as rhino) to kicad?

I'm trying to reverse a pcb board

tracing routes is pretty a boring and repetitive tasks to be done on kicad

meanwhile on rhino with grasshopper it seems that it could be done fastly

Do they share a common format? If not you would need to find a third app which has both formats and can convert between them.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:32 PM, James Evens said:

What's the question?

if there is any way to export a rhino drawing to any useful format for kicad routes

Would need to know what formats rhino exports to and what formats kinkaid imports from.  A lot of pro type programs didn’t used to export formats at all.  Photoshop used to be like that long long ago.  When some programs export files they don’t always actually export everything though.  This was also a problem with early photoshop.  It wouldn’t export layers. You had to merge the layers before you exported so if you did that, exported to another program, and then exported back again the layers were totally gone. It’s not impossible that exporting stuff will leave a lobotomized version that won’t do what you want it to when exported back again.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.