Windows 10 PC randomly wakes up from sleep mode

saad2019
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
4 hours ago, saad2019 said:

My desktop PC randomly wakes up from sleep mode at random times. I haven't noticed a pattern to this. It has been an ongoing issue for many months, so I don't think it has anything to do with the Windows version. The hardware specs are:

• Intel Core i7 7700K

• Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming Motherboard

• 16GB Corsair 2400MHz RAM

• Nvidia GTX 970

• 120GB Sandisk Boot SSD

• 120GB Apacer SSD

• 1TB Seagate HDD

• 500GB WD HDD

• Windows 10 Home Version 20H2

I have a desktop lamp plugged in that remains on 24/7, which also has an ambient light sensor built in. I have RGB peripherals, as well as a Logitech G25 racing wheel that also remains plugged in 24/7 via USB, but that has a seperate power cable. Besides that, its a generic Amazon webcam and 2 HDMI monitors.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is really starting to get annoying.

Thanks

powercfg /lastwake

Is the command to enter to know what was the last device that woke up your PC.

Most of the cases, it is because you have Wake On LAN or Wake On Alarm/Event or Wake on Magic Packet turned on in your UEFI and/or in your network card.

Make sure those are disabled in your UEFI, if you have the option, then back under Windows go under Device Manger > Network Adapters > double click on your actively used network adapter. On the panel that will open, go under the tabs above, and make sure that the mentioned options are disabled. Typically, they are under "Advanced", that said, different drivers might call things differently.

Also go under the Power Management tab. And uncheck the box "Allow this device to wake the computer"

If that doesn't help, then typically it your mouse that moves a hair and wakes up the system. You can disable your system from waking up from sleep from the mouse, by going to Device Manager > Mice and other pointing device > double click on your mouse (name varies) > Power Management. And uncheck the box "Allow this device to wake the computer"

My desktop PC randomly wakes up from sleep mode at random times. I haven't noticed a pattern to this. It has been an ongoing issue for many months, so I don't think it has anything to do with the Windows version. The hardware specs are:

• Intel Core i7 7700K

• Nvidia GTX 970

• 120GB Sandisk Boot SSD

• 120GB Apacer SSD

• 1TB Seagate HDD

• 500GB WD HDD

I have a desktop lamp plugged in that remains on 24/7, which also has an ambient light sensor built in. I have RGB peripherals, as well as a Logitech G25 racing wheel that also remains plugged in 24/7 via USB, but that has a seperate power cable. Besides that, its a generic Amazon webcam and 2 HDMI monitors.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, saad2019 said:

• Intel Core i7 7700K

• Nvidia GTX 970

• 120GB Sandisk Boot SSD

• 120GB Apacer SSD

• 1TB Seagate HDD

• 500GB WD HDD

Thanks

I had the same issue on my laptop, after months of researching and testing, I realized my table was 2 degrees off of centre (the right side was lower than left) and that would cause my mouse to move a bit and wake my pc up. When I say move, more like vibrate, not actual movements.

the only solution I found was to unplug the mouse before going into sleep mode, try slowly unplugging whatever is connected via usb cable and see if that helps.

4 hours ago, saad2019 said:

• Intel Core i7 7700K

• Nvidia GTX 970

• 120GB Sandisk Boot SSD

• 120GB Apacer SSD

• 1TB Seagate HDD

• 500GB WD HDD

Thanks

powercfg /lastwake

Is the command to enter to know what was the last device that woke up your PC.

Most of the cases, it is because you have Wake On LAN or Wake On Alarm/Event or Wake on Magic Packet turned on in your UEFI and/or in your network card.

Make sure those are disabled in your UEFI, if you have the option, then back under Windows go under Device Manger > Network Adapters > double click on your actively used network adapter. On the panel that will open, go under the tabs above, and make sure that the mentioned options are disabled. Typically, they are under "Advanced", that said, different drivers might call things differently.

Also go under the Power Management tab. And uncheck the box "Allow this device to wake the computer"

If that doesn't help, then typically it your mouse that moves a hair and wakes up the system. You can disable your system from waking up from sleep from the mouse, by going to Device Manager > Mice and other pointing device > double click on your mouse (name varies) > Power Management. And uncheck the box "Allow this device to wake the computer"