Video drivers for Nividia on Ubuntu

I started out with POP OS. using there preset up nividia drivers. the systems worked great with video. however do to some other issues I left and installed Ubuntu, which I used on a limited bases some years ago. the other issues are under control now but the video drivers wont work. try to run any game or 3D graphics etc. it says the video card is not supported. I know they are they ran before in Pop.

The instructions here say nothing that makes since to me. The one part even says step by step instructions that I'm not able to follow. So, a lint takes me to a page that list graphic cards. The ones in my systems are G-force gtx 760 & 670

In the link' the latest driver on both our systems keeps lagging and freezing our systems. I'm not able to determine if a different driver is needed or another step is needed. Any info would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, AndrzejL said:

This is why I rarely reply on the forums...

Question asked 3 days ago, reply posted but no "thanks that worked" or "still having issues" or even "kiss my butt"...

I see that happening all the time and makes me wanna help less and less... Unfollowing topic. Good luck.

You have no idea what else OP has going on in their life that may have prevented them from following up. You can see on their profile they haven't even logged in to the forum since Saturday night.

The point of providing advice is to try to help someone, not to get thanks or attention. Your attitude is as bad as the people who post on these forums asking for help and then throw a hissy when they don't get an answer fast enough to suit them. If that's how you're going to be, nobody will miss you if you decide to stop "helping." 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

23 hours ago, Middcore said:

You have no idea what else OP has going on in their life that may have prevented them from following up. You can see on their profile they haven't even logged in to the forum since Saturday night.

The point of providing advice is to try to help someone, not to get thanks or attention. Your attitude is as bad as the people who post on these forums asking for help and then throw a hissy when they don't get an answer fast enough to suit them. If that's how you're going to be, nobody will miss you if you decide to stop "helping." 

Sorry, something fragged in the system trying all these things and it broke, so I had to reinstall. Also getting ready for a trip and a few other things going on so this got pushed back a bit I should be able to pick it up again next week. I do appreciate the help. I'm juggling a lot at the molment and I mess with this issue on a when able basis. 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:28 AM, Toxked said:

Sorry, something fragged in the system trying all these things and it broke, so I had to reinstall. Also getting ready for a trip and a few other things going on so this got pushed back a bit I should be able to pick it up again next week. I do appreciate the help. I'm juggling a lot at the molment and I mess with this issue on a when able basis. 

This has gotten so tedious. On both systems. I install ubuntu on both systems. After a few days something updates and the next time it boots up only port 1 on the video card has picture. If I move the 2nd monitor to port 1 it works. All the other ports stop. If I poot of the flash drive to install the 2nd monitor works. This is maddining. Other then. Ever buy a other  nvidia card how do I fix this?

If you haven't tried yet, you should go into your 'Additional Drivers' settings as you can see here. It should detect your graphics card and give you the option to choose from a list of different drivers. I'd recommend switching to the latest proprietary one instead of the open-source one, which is the default selection.

And don't forget to reboot after switching.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:38 AM, Fex015 said:

If you haven't tried yet, you should go into your 'Additional Drivers' settings as you can see here. It should detect your graphics card and give you the option to choose from a list of different drivers. I'd recommend switching to the latest proprietary one instead of the open-source one, which is the default selection.

And don't forget to reboot after switching.

Ok, I reinstalled ubuntu on both systems. On mine it loaded steam and ran warthunder, for one match. Then when I was adjusting the settings it froze the game. Closed the game and steam had the revamidate, what ever that means. After 20 minutes I gave up. On my wife's system installed the same pripritory tested driver, and when it rebooted she had 1 monitor just like before. My guess is we have some hard ware that is more troublesome. Either way we are done. Reinstalled a total of 6 times on 3 different hard drives and 3 different video cards. We are done. We are going back to Pop OS which could at least run the video cards and deal with the network issue with another way. Thankyou for the help. Valent efforts.